Reshma Aslam shares some quick-and-easy recipes for you to try. You can share your recipes too!
The next time you are hungry, don't order from a restaurant.
Instead, whip up a delicious meal for yourself in just five minutes.
Here are the recipes that'll save your day:
Tangy Pineapple Salad
- 2 cups pineapple (chopped)
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 cup avocado (chopped)
- 5 to 6 almonds (chopped)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 tsp rock salt
- Few mint leaves for garnish
- In a big mixing bowl, add chopped pineapple.
- Add red and yellow bell peppers along with avocados. Mix well.
- Add lemon juice, black pepper powder and chopped almonds.
- Garnish with fresh chopped mint leaves.
Cheese Corn Toast
- 1/2 cup corn kernels (boiled)
- 6 to 7 slices of bread
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup capsicum (chopped)
- 1/4 cup tomatoes
- 2 cubes of cheese (grated)
- 1 tsp pepper powder
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- 1/2 cup milk
- Salt to taste (optional)
For white sauce
- Heat butter in a frying pan.
- Add all purpose flour and fry till golden brown.
- Add milk and keep stirring continuously so that no lumps are formed.
- When the flour gets a bit thick, add cheese. Mix well.
- Add capsicum, corn and tomatoes. Turn off the gas.
- Add pepper powder and salt if needed.
- White sauce is ready. Keep aside.
- Place the bread slices on an oven tray. Bake for three minutes.
- Put a layer of white sauce on the slices. Bake again for two to three minutes.
- Once done, remove the slices from the over and sprinkle mixed herbs on it.
- Serve hot.
- 2 large potatoes
- Oil for frying
- Salt, pepper and mixed herbs for seasoning
- Peel the potatoes and slice them.
- Put them in cold water. Rinse thrice and drain the water.
- Place the slices on a tissue paper in order to soak the remaining water.
- Heat oil in a pan, add potato slices and fry.
- Remove when golden brown.
- Season with salt, pepper and mixed herbs.
- Serve with sauce of your choice.
Watermelon and Feta Cheese Salad
- 1 medium sized watermelon
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 cup feta cheese (grated)
- Few fresh basil and mint leaves (chopped)
- Salt as per taste
- Cut watermelon into small cubes.
- Try and remove maximum seeds. Once done, put the pieces in a big mixing bowl.
- Add lemon juice, black pepper powder and salt. Mix well.
- Add basil and mint leaves along with grated feta cheese.
- Serve chilled
Gooey Chocolate Bread Pudding
- 1 slice of bread
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 piece of dark chocolate (finely cut)
- A bit of butter
- Chocolate sauce (optional)
- 1 scoop of ice cream (optional)
- Apply butter on the bread slice and cut it into small cubes.
- Take a microwave safe mug and place the bread slices in it.
- Pour chocolate pieces in between wherever there are gaps in the mug.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg with sugar.
- Add it to the contents in the mug. Heat it for two minutes in the microwave.
- Garnish with chocolate sauce.
- Serve hot.
- You can also serve with a scoop of any type of ice cream.
Note: When you heat all the contents -- bread slices, chocolate pieces and egg -- together in the microwave, the time may be vary according to the your microwave settings.
We'll publish the best preparations right here on Rediff.com and in India Abroad.