Beat the heat with this perfect summer thirst quencher.
You can share your recipes too!
Here's how to make Jal Jeera:
- 2 tbsp ground cumin seeds
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp mint leaves
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp black salt
- 5 cups cold water
- Sugar to taste
- Roast the ground cumin seeds in a frying pan.
- Grind the mint and coriander leaves to make a paste.
- Add in the roasted cumin seeds, lemon juice, black salt and sugar.
- Add cold water and mix well. Serve.
Photograph: Miansari66/Creative Commons
You can send us your favourite recipes.
We'll publish the best preparations right here on Rediff.com and in India Abroad.