We'd asked you, dear readers, to share your recipes of the dishes that were on Barack and Michelle Obama's plates.
Rediff reader and food blogger Swayampurna Mishra tells you how to make Chicken Tikka and Achari Paneer.
Here's the recipe for Achari Paneer:
- 100 gm paneer cut in 2 inch cubes
- 1 cup veggies like bell peppers, onion, tomatoes
For the marinade
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 2 tbsp achaar oil (use any bottled one)
- 2-3 tbsp mustard oil
- 2 tsp red chilli powder (I use only kashmiri)
- A pinch of turmeric powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 2 tsp kasuri methi
- Salt as per taste
- Marinate paneer and veggies using the ingredients mentioned under 'marinade'
- Refrigerate for a few hours.
- Pre-heat oven at 180 C.
- Grill for 15 to 20 minutes turning once about half way.
- Serve hot.
- 350 gm chicken boneless
- 25 gm curd
- 30 ml lemon juice
- 1 tbsp degi mirch
- Salt as required
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp chaat masala
- 1/2 tsp meat masala
- 1/2 tsp zeera powder
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp kasuri methi
- A pinch black salt
- 3 tsp gm pickle paste (pick your preference)
- 1 tbsp malt vinegar
- 1 tbsp mustard oil
- Melted butter for basting
- Wash the boneless chicken pieces thoroughly and pat dry.
- Add ginger–garlic paste, lemon juice and salt to chicken pieces and coat them well. Keep aside for about one hour.
- In a bowl, mix all the remaining ingredients and curd.
- Take a skewer and skew the marinated chicken pieces.
- Pre-heat oven at 350 degree Celsius.
- Roast the chicken pieces in the oven for 7 minutes.
- Remove them from the oven and hang the skewer face down for two to three minutes to drain off excess moisture.
- Baste with melted butter and roast for another 3 to 4 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate and serve hot with mint chutney.
Photograph: Swayampurna Mishra
- Recipe: Chicken Korma and Kadhi Pakori
- How to make Boatman-style Chicken Curry
- A feast for Prez Obama...in your kitchen
- How to make Bedmi Aloo
- Recipe: Fresh Cut Fruits with Orange-Vanilla syrup
- 28 states: Send us your best recipes
Want to share your favourite recipe?
Simply e-mail your recipes to email@example.com (subject line: My Fav Recipe) with your name, hometown and any interesting details about the origin of the recipe, along with a photograph of the recipe, if possible.
We'll publish the best preparations right here on Rediff.com and India Abroad.