Food blogger Siddhi Panchal shares her Diwali recipes. You can share yours too!
Photograph: Courtesy Siddhi Panchal
- 350 gm desiccated coconut
- 400 gm condensed milk
- 1 tbsp rose syrup
- 1 tbsp orange syrup
- 1 tbsp chocolate spread
- 1/2 tsp coffee powder
- 1 tsp cardamon powder
- Heat a pan, and empty condensed milk can into it.
- Now add a half bowl of desiccated coconut into the condensed milk and after mixing well add the other half.
- Stirring continuously cook for not more than two minutes.
- Once the mixture is ready, take it out in 5 different bowls equally.
- In the first bowl add Nutella for the chocolate flavor, coffee in the next bowl. Now add rose syrup, cardamom powder and lastly orange syrup in different bowls respectively.
- Blend the mixture and flavors in the bowls.
- Place a serving plate and a small bowl filled with desiccated coconut.
- Prepare small balls (laddoos) by taking the mixture from one flavor. Once you roll out a smooth ball dust lightly with desiccated coconut and place in a serving bowl.
- Similarly, prepare laddoos from all the flavors and dust it with a little amount of desiccated coconut.
Dear readers, you can send us your favourite recipes too.
Write in to us at firstname.lastname@example.org (subject: Diwali Recipes) with your NAME, HOMETOWN and any interesting details about the origin of the recipe, along with a photograph of the recipe if possible.
We'll publish the best ones right here on Rediff.com.