Toss up this simple Thai-style grilled chicken salad in 15 minutes.
It is sweet, salty, spicy and super delicious. Best of all, it can be put together in minutes.
This Thai-inspired salad is for those times when you want to eat light, but don’t want to settle for boring lettuce-tomato-cucumber salads.
Here's how to make Thai-style chicken salad:
- 1 chicken breast, poached or grilled
- 1 large carrot
- 1 cucumber
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 cup fresh bean sprouts
- 1 bunch lettuce
- 1 sprig mint
- A few sprigs coriander leaves
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- Juice of half a lime
- Slice the chicken into long strips.
- Wash, dry and tear up the lettuce.
- Peel the carrot and cut into long ribbons with a vegetable peeler.
- Peel the cucumber and cut into long ribbons with a peeler.
- Wash and remove the mint leaves and coriander from the stalks.
- Place the chicken, vegetables and herbs in a large bowl.
- Make the dressing by whisking together the sweet chilli sauce, peanut butter and lime juice. Thin out with a little water if it’s too thick.
- Check for seasoning and add salt if required.
- Pour the dressing over the salad, toss lightly and serve.
Note: To make the salad more substantial, you could add a cup of soaked rice noodles to it.
Lead image used for representational purposes only. Credit: Megan Squire/Creative Commons
- 5 pocket-friendly hangouts to visit in Delhi
- Eat healthy: Recipes for the yogic diet
- A humble request from your heart to you
Want to share your favourite recipe? Simply e-mail your recipes to email@example.com (subject line: My Fav Recipe) with your name, hometown and any interesting details about the origin of the recipe, along with a photograph of the recipe, if possible. We'll publish the best preparations right here on Rediff.com and India Abroad.