Are you an average employee, who wants to excel at at work? Read on...
Who doesn't want to look intelligent at work?
We'd all love to get noticed at meetings and be taken seriously at work.
However, there are times when you feel that you're putting in your best, but are not able to express your thoughts accurately.
Or find yourself to be at a loss for words during meetings!
Rishi Piparaiya's book Job Be Damned helps you gain new perspective to navigate every tricky workplace situations.
Through the book, the author speaks to a cross-section of people, from trainees to CXOs.
You can an average employee, but the author ensures that by the time you are done reading the book, you will be the best average employee there can be.
Presenting an excerpt from the book:
I recommend dropping in some business jargon and buzzwords in meetings to enhance the perception that you are trying to create.
Here are some cliches that I find most relevant.
To clarify, I am not reinventing the wheel, but simply taking a stab at classifying the low hanging fruit. At the end of the day, you should leverage whatever you deem appropriate and do the needful.
1. We can leverage this.
2. We need to think out-of-the-box.
3. Let me do some quick back-of-the-envelope calculations.
4. This involves a lot of moving parts.
5. Let's not try and boil the ocean.
6. Let's peel the onion further.
7. My ballpark estimate is...
8. That's a very cookie cutter approach.
9. We got to take this from soup to nuts.
10. We are talking an X per cent delta here...
11. So, what is the value proposition here?
12. I'm just thinking laterally here.
13. Let's blue sky a bit.
14. We are creating a body of work.
15. We don't want to be cannibalizing our product.
Excerpted from Job Be Damned by Rishi Piparaiya, with the permission of the publishers, Harper Collins.