Here's a look at the major features of these 150cc machines to help you choose the motorcycle that suits you the most.
Yamaha Motor India has sparked the commuter 150cc segment by introducing Yamaha SZ-RR Version 2.0 that now incorporates its latest Blue Core engine technology. Yamaha SZ-RR Version 2.0 with its new price tag of Rs 65,300 (ex-showroom,Delhi) competes with Hero MotoCorp Achiever, Honda CB Unicorn and Bajaj Discover 150.
Honda CB Unicorn
It is one of the finest 150cc machines in the Indian market with elegant appearance and appreciable performance.
- Air-cooled, 4-stroke, SI engine that displaces 149.1cc
- 5-speed gearbox helps it turn 0 to 60kmph in mere 5 seconds
- Supreme power output: 13.14bhp at 8500rpm, topmost torque value: 12.84Nm at 5500rpm
- Diamond type frame
- Telescopic suspension at the front and monoshock at the rear
- 2.75-18 inch front tyre and 100/90-18 inch rear tyre; puncture resistant Tuff-up tyres
- 240mm disc brake at the front and 130mm drum brake at the rear
- Ex-showroom price (Delhi): Rs 63,695
Hero MotoCorp Achiever
It is Hero's most affordable 150cc motorcycle that is designed only for commuting, and is highly reliable.
- 149.1cc, Air-cooled, 4-stroke, single-cylinder, OHC, ATFT mill
- 5-speed manual transmission
- Net power: 13.4bhp at 8000rpm; Net torque: 12.80Nm at 5000RPM
- Tubular, diamond type frame
- Telescopic hydraulic shock absorbers front suspension and Rectangular swing arm with adjustable hydraulic shock absorber at the rear
- Puncture endurance 2.75 x 18 – 42 P / 4 PR front tyre and 3.00 x 18 – 52 P / 6 PR rear tyre
- Optional 240mm front disc brake, Standard 130mm drum brake at both the ends
- Price: Rs 58,575 (Ex-showroom price, Delhi)
Bajaj Discover 150
Bajaj has recently added the 150cc model to its mass production motorcycle Discover series that has three variants; one has a semi-fairing too.
- Air-cooled, 4-stroke, single cylinder, OHC, 4-valve, DTS-i engine displacing 144.8cc
- Constant mesh 5-speed transmission
- Topmost power: 14.3bhp at 8,500rpm; top torque: 12.7Nm at 6,500rpm
- Semi-double cradle
- Telescopic Forks at the front and spring loaded nitrox (gas charged) monoshock at the rear
- 80/100-17 inch front tyre and 100/90-17 inch rear tyre; tubeless tyres
- Front: 240mm petal disc brake; Rear: 130mm drum brake
- Discover Range starts from Rs 52,030 to Rs 59,034
Yamaha SZ-RR Version 2.0
The maker claims a new instrument cluster and has introduced it with new shades like Red Dash, Ivory White and Green Arrow.
- 149cc, single-cylinder, air-cooled, 4-stroke, 2-valve, SOHC mill
- 5-speed transmission
- Blue Core technology improves performance and offers 11 per cent of more mileage
- Maximum power: 12bhp at 7,500rpm; Torque: 12.8Nm at 6,000rpm
- Diamond type frame
- Suspensions: 33mm telescopic front forks and rear coil spring/oil damper with swingarm
- Tyres size: Front: 2.75-17M/C 41P; Rear: 100/90-17M/C 55P; Type: Tubeless
- Brakes: 245mm Hydraulic disc brake at the front and 130mm rear drum brake