Peter Siddle, who turned 26 on Thursday, took the ninth hat-trick in the Ashes series and the first by an Australian since Shane Warne in the 1994-1995 series.
Australian paceman Siddle destroyed England's lower middle order by taking a hat-trick and finishing with 6-54 as the visitors were dismissed for 260 late on the first day of the first Ashes Test in Brisbane, on Thursday.
Here is a list of hat-tricks in the Ashes series:
* Frederick Spofforth (Australia) -- Melbourne, 1878-79
* Billy Bates (England) -- Melbourne, 1882-83
* Johnny Briggs (England) -- Sydney, 1891-92
* Jack Hearne (England) -- Leeds, 1899
* Hugh Trumble (Australia) -- Melbourne, 1901-02
* Trumble -- Melbourne, 1903-04
* Shane Warne (Australia) -- Melbourne, 1994-95
* Darren Gough (England) -- Sydney, 1998-99
* Peter Siddle (Australia) -- Brisbane, 2010-11