Home > Cricket > World Cup 2003 > News > Report|
Mohandas Menon |
February 26, 2003 15:32 IST
Pakistan vs Netherlands, Boland Park, Paarl
- Pakistan becomes the first team to play the Dutch on three occasions in limited-over internationals. England had earlier played the side twice.
- The partnership of 42 runs between Yousuf Youhana and Shoaib Akhtar was a record for the eight wicket at this ground bettering the previous best of 28 runs achieved twice between Indians Robin Singh and Anil Kumble against Zimbabwe on 27-1-1997 and between Dutchmen Daan van Bunge & Edgar Schiferli against India on 12-2-2003.
- The Youhana-Akhtar partnership was also the best against Holland in the LOIs for the 8th wicket. Indians Dinesh Mongia and Anil Kumble had put on 17 at this same venue two weeks ago on 12-2-2003.
- The ninth wicket partnership of seven runs between Shoaib Akhtar and Waqar Younis and the unbeaten tenth wicket stand of eight runs between Shoaib Akhtar and Saqlain Mushtaq were the best for these wickets by any team against Holland in LOIs.
- The two wickets by Tim de Leede makes him the highest wicket-taker for Holland in LOIs. He now has 8 wickets in 11 matches, just one more than the tally of 7 wickets by Roland Lefebvre in 10 matches. Interestingly all the eight wickets for de Leede came in his last four matches. He had gone wicketless in his first seven matches. For the record, de Leede with 242 runs is also the highest run-getter for Holland in LOIs.
- Daan van Bange (2-27) now has the best bowling figures for Holland against Pakistan. The previous best was the 1-18 by Peter Cantrell at Lahore on 26-2-1996.
- When he claimed the wicket of Dutch opener Nick Statham, Wasim Akram became the first bowler to capture 500 wickets in LOI history. Playing in his 354th match, Wasim now has 502 wickets to his credit.
- These bowlers were the first to reach the following milestones in LOIs:
- First to 50 wkts: DK Lillee (Aus) on 18-12-1980
- First to 100 wkts: DK Lillee (Aus) on 9-12-1983
- First to 150 wkts: Kapil Dev (Ind) on 27-10-1988
- First to 200 wkts: Kapil Dev (Ind) on 22-10-1991
- First to 250 wkts: Kapil Dev (Ind) on 27-3-1994
- First to 300 wkts: Wasim Akram (Pak) on 30-10-1996
- First to 350 wkts: Wasim Akram (Pak) on 11-4-1998
- First to 400 wkts: Wasim Akram (Pak) on 19-1-2000
- First to 450 wkts: Wasim Akram (Pak) on 12-4-2002+
- First to 500 wkts: Wasim Akram (Pak) on 25-2-2003+
- Akram is the only bowler to reach this milestone
- This was Holland's eleventh LOI loss in a row since its debut in February 1996.
- This was Yousuf Youhana's 10th man of the match award of his career of 125 matches. This was Youhana's second in the World Cup. He had received an award against Scotland at Chester-le-Street on 20-5-1999.