Home > Sports > Football >
Junior's widow requests second post mortem
December 09, 2004 22:30 IST
Widow of footballer Cristiano Junior, Julianna met Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar on Thursday and requested to expedite the probe into the Brazilian's death and petitioned the authorities to conduct a second post mortem.
"She met me in the morning and asked for justice for her husband. I told her that we would take all possible legal action including a second post mortem if needed. We are examining all legal recourses and we feel at this point in time that a second post mortem can be asked for," said Parrikar in Panaji.
Julianna, who was accompanied by an official from the Brazilian embassy, also submitted a petition to the effect to the Chief Secretary as well as acting DGP Muktesh Chander.
She asked in the petition that the investigations into her husband's death be expedited and to ensure that a second post mortem be conducted if possible.
Julianna also asked that some organs of Junior which had been removed for medico-legal tests be returned to the family after the formalities were completed.
Goa police sources said the Bangalore police had already been informed of the petition and had been asked to return the organs after the formalities were completed.
The striker met with a tragic on-field death on December 5 after winning the Federation Cup for Dempo Sports Club by scoring two goals.
He collapsed and died seconds after scoring his team's second goal following a collision with Mohun Bagan goalkeeper Subrata Pal in the dying minutes of the final.