The senior-most Muslim leaders of the country have appealed to all citizens to maintain peace and calm after the verdict on the Babri Masjid [ Images ] title suit is pronounced on September 24.
The appeal has been signed by Babri Masjid Committee Convener Dr S Q R Ilyas, President of All India [ Images ] Muslim Personal law Board Syed Mohd Rabe Hasni Nadvi and Rector of Darul Uloom Deoband Marghoobur Rahman, among others.
Read the full letter:
Joint Appeal by Muslim Leaders
People should Maintain Peace and Public Order on Barbri Masjid Verdict:
The undersigned appeal to all citizens to maintain peace and calm when the Special Bench of the Allahabad High Court delivers its verdict on the Babri Masjid title suit on September 24, 2010.
We appeal to them not to be misled by communal forces and allow disruptive forces to create communal strife and conflict.
In particular, we advise the Muslims to express their humble gratitude to the Almighty if the verdict is in favour of Babri Masjid but they should refrain from any public expression of rejoicing or celebration.
If (Almighty forbid) the verdict is otherwise, they should not lose their cool, take it in their stride and not to indulge in any protest or demonstration of their disappointment.
We realise that this would not be the final judicial verdict as the doors of Supreme Court are open to either party. At the appropriate time we shall decide the terms of rebuttal to the other side, if necessary, or the terms of appeal, if required.
We appreciate that the Central government has appealed to the people to maintain peace. We feel that the Central Government should also take all necessary steps to maintain law & order. The Government should also make it clear that it is bound to execute the final judicial verdict under the Constitution.
We reiterate firmly that the Muslim community would honour the final judicial verdict, whatever it be.
1) Ml. Syed Mohd Rabe Hasni Nadvi, President All India Muslim Personal law Board
2) Ml. Marghoobur Rahman, Rector Darul Uloom Devband
3) Ml. Qari Mohd. Usman, President, Jamiat Ulema-e-Hind
4) Ml. Kalbe Sadiq, Vice President All India Muslim Personal law Board
5) Ml. Syed Jalaluddin Umari, Ameer Jamaat-e-Islami Hind
6) Ml. Syed Nizamuddin,Amir-e-Shariat, Bihar, Orissa & Jharkhand & G S,AIMPLB
7) Syed Shahbuddin , President All India Muslim Majlis-e-Mushawarat
8) Ml. Abdullah Mughaisi, President, All India Milli Council
9) Ml. Asghar Ali Imam Mahdi Salfi, General Secretary, Markazi Jamiat AhleHadith
10) Mr Abdur Raheem Qureshi, President Majlis Tameer-e-Millat, Secretary, AIMPLB
11) Syed Hamid, Chancellor, Hamdard University
12) Dr Zafarul Islam Khan, Editor, Milli Gazette
13) Dr. S Q R. Ilyas, Convenor Babri Masjid Committee, AIMPLB