Fellow Programme in Management (equivalent to PhD) at IIM-B
The Indian Institute of Management-Bangalore's Fellow Programme in Management -- FMP -- is a full-time, residential doctoral-level programme designed to equip students for careers in management education and research.
FPM students will specialize in one of the following areas :
· Corporate Strategy & Policy
· Economics & Social Sciences
· Finance & Control
· Organizational Behaviour & Human Resource Management
· Production and Operations Management
· Public Systems & Policy
· Quantitative Methods, Information Systems & Computers
Eligibility: Applicants will be
1. A Master's Degree holder in any discipline or equivalent qualification, recognized by the Association of Indian Universities or by the All India Council for Technical Education, with a minimum of 55% marks. (Those appearing for the respective examinations may also apply, provided they complete these as well as all other requirements for the degree prior to June 30, 2004).
Applicants for the Corporate Strategy and Policy specialization must have a minimum of two years' work experience in addition to a minimum of 55% marks in the Masters Degree.
Chartered Accountant with a minimum of 55% marks
A First Class Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Technology with a minimum of two years' work experience.
2. In addition, all FPM applicants must also satisfy the eligibility criteria for the Common Admission Test.
3. NRIs and Foreign Applicants, who have taken the GMAT (including AWA scores) in 2003, are also eligible to apply.
WAIVERS: IIM PGDM holders who graduated in 1995 or later, with a minimum cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of 2.75 out of a maximum of 4.0 (or equivalent) are exempted from appearing for the CAT and also from First Year coursework.
FINANCIAL SUPPORT: FPM students in good standing are provided with a fellowship grant for four years to cover tuition and other fees, hostel room rent and computer facilities. In addition, they will also receive a stipend of Rs 8,000 per month to cover boarding and other expenses, as also a contingency grant of Rs 15,000 per year.
No financial support is available for NRIs and Foreign Applicants, who are required to pay annual tuition fees of $8,000 for each of the first two years and $2,000 for each of the subsequent two years.
HOW TO APPLY:
Step 1: Take the Common Admission Test on November 23, 2003. For details, please see the CAT advertisement that appeared in all leading newspapers on or around July 13, 2003.
Step 2: Obtain FPM Application forms free of cost from the FPM Office, Indian Institute of Management Bangalore, Bannerghatta Road, Bangalore 560 076.
FPM application forms will be issued from August 1, 2003. Requests for forms by post must be accompanied by a self-addressed envelope of size 23cm (9") x 30.5cm (12") with stamps worth Rs.60/- affixed, as well as another address label. Applicants may also download the FPM Application Form from the IIMB web site www.iimb.ernet.in
Fill in and submit the form as instructed, prior to the closing date. Forms downloaded from the IIMB web site must be filled in hard (printed) copy and sent to the IIMB FPM office so as to reach the above address on or before October 31, 2003 along with enclosures as given in the instructions.
1. Receipt of requests for application forms: September 30, 2003.
2. Receipt of completed application forms: October 31, 2003.
For further information or assistance, contact:
Indian Institute of Management Bangalore
Central Railway wants sportsmen
The Central Railway's Mumbai Sports Division is looking to recruit sportsmen in various categories.
CR is looking for sportsmen in Football, Hockey and Weightlifting.
The recruitment of sportspersons (men only) will be in the Group 'D' category in the grade Rs 2,250 to Rs 3,200.
The last date of applications is on or before 1700 hours on August 14, 2003.
For further details and application format, refer to Employment News/Rozgar Samachar dated July 26, 2003.
Scholarships for the disabled
The National Center for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People will award scholarships to meritorious disabled students to help them pursue postgraduate and doctoral courses.
It will award scholarships in subjects like medicine, surgery, engineering, architecture, management, business administration, social work, applied psychology, clinical psychology, etc.
The basic rate of scholarship will be Rs 1,000 per month and will only be awarded to deserving candidates with limited means.
For additional details go to: http://www.ncpedp.org/scholars_2003.pdf