Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar has sought an apology from the organisers of the Sunburn music festival over their reported allegations that they had to shell out money to obtain permission for hosting the event in the beach state last year.
"I have seen the email by the organiser. They had levelled allegations last year (that they had to pay money to get the permission)," Parrikar told reporters on Monday at Candolim village, where the festival is being held since 2007.
"Either they should substantiate their allegations with proof or they should say sorry for that," he said.
Sunburn, an electronic dance music festival, is being held in Goa since 2007.
Goa Vikas Party legislator Fransisco Miccky Pacheco, during a press conference last week, had claimed that he received a text message from Sunburn organisers Percept
The company had claimed that it had to shell out bribes last year to obtain the permission to hold the event in Goa.
Michael Lobo, a legislator representing Calangute constituency in which Candolim village is situated, told reporters that the organisers should apologise over their claim that the government was bribed.
"They should apologise and take back their words," he said.
Officials of Percept Private Limited, including its Joint Managing Director Shailendra Singh, could not be contacted for comments on the issue.
The Sunburn festival is scheduled to be held in Goa between December 27 and December 29.
While the festival has been traditionally held at Candolim, this time the government has asked the organisers to scout for another venue to hold the event.
State Tourism Minister Dilip Parulekar said the event would not be allowed at Candolim because of infrastructural constraints in handling such a big crowd.
Photograph Courtesy: http://sunburn.in/