Nikhat Parween, wife of terror suspect Fasih Mehmood, who was arrested on Monday for his involvement in the bomb blasts in Delhi and Bengaluru, said her husband was innocent and his arrest unlawful.
"I am hundred percent sure that my husband is innocent and his arrest is unlawful. We will challenge his arrest in the court," Nikhat Parween told rediff.com over telephone from Darbhanga district in Bihar.
"After I came to know through TV news channels that my husband was arrested, I have decided to visit Delhi to seek justice. My husband in innocent," she reiterated.
Nikhat Parween said that government of India was in the dark with regard to this case because of the intelligence agencies. "All I can say is that intelligence agencies involved are not only misguiding the government and keeping it in the dark, they have provided wrong and baseless information to ensure my husband's arrest because he belongs to a particular community," she said.
She claimed that intelligence agencies have a record of several cases of the past when their so-called mastermind terror suspect was acquitted by the courts after spending months in jail.
India had been pushing for his deportation for the past six months, but required a lot of coaxing before the Saudi Arabia authorities were convinced.
Mehmood, 28, is an engineer and was working in Jubail before his name cropped up in cases related to terrorism.
His name first came up during the investigation into the Chinnaswamy stadium blasts case in Bengaluru and the police had said that he had a lot of information regarding the attack.