Maharashtra-based Hindu right-wing organisation Sanatan Sanstha, accused of having a hand in the Margao blast in Goa, on Monday again denied its role in the incident.
Reacting to Goa Chief Minister Digamber Kamat's statement earlier in the day that Central Bureau of Investigation had found some clues indicating its involvement in the blast, Santha's spokesperson Abhay Vartak demanded that the government should make public whatever evidence it had against the group's connection.
He claimed that Kamat was making political statements to malign the Sanstha's image.
"I am sure that our organisation has no role in the blast. The comments made by the chief minister should not remain as political statement. He is trying to malign the image of our outfit," Vartak alleged.
"If the government has any evidence or clues against us, it should make it public so that everyone knows what is correct and wrong," Vartak told PTI.
The blast took place on Diwali eve last year when explosives kept in a scooter went off on a busy street in Margao, killing two persons affiliated to the Sanstha.
"Days after the blast also such allegations were leveled against us by Goa ministers but later they backtracked from their statements," Vartak said.
"It's nearly three months since the blast took place. Till now, the investigating officials did not get any evidence against us. This itself indicates that our group had no role in the incident," Vartak said.