A directive from the home ministry to the Delhi [ Images ] Police will bring several places in the national capital under CCTV surveillance.
More than 6,000 CCTV cameras will be installed across Delhi in the next few months to keep track of the activities of terrorists and criminals, especially to keep an eye on crime against women.
More than 1,300 CCTV cameras have already been installed in this ambitious plan, which has been cleared by the ministry of home affairs. Around 300 cameras have been set up at market places and border check posts and are already functional.
A project for installation of 1,046 CCTV systems at key places has already been completed.
The work for installation of 3973 CCTV cameras at important places such as the Supreme Court, Delhi high court, six district courts of Delhi, LG House, VP House locations, markets, border check posts has been undertaken.
The Delhi Police have identified 315 locations for installation of CCTV systems in Delhi. The details of the CCTV cameras installed by the Delhi Police are as under:-
1. Lajpat Nagar Market (30 cameras)
2. Sarojini Nagar Market (25 cameras)
3. Khan Market(24 cameras)
4. Ashok Vihar Market (16 cameras)
5. Rani Bagh Market (20 cameras)
6. Maurice Nagar University Campus (46 cameras)
7. Sadar Bazar Market (24 cameras)
8. ChandniChowk Market (23 cameras).
9. Vasant Vihar Market (38 cameras)
10. Ghazipur Border Check Post (18 cameras)