rediff.com

NewsApp (Free)

Read news as it happens
Download NewsApp

Available on  

Rediff News  All News 
Rediff.com  » Movies » Kate Hudson, fiance welcome baby boy

Kate Hudson, fiance welcome baby boy

Last updated on: July 11, 2011 16:39 IST

Kate Hudson, fiance welcome baby boy

     Next

Next

Actress Kate Hudson and her fiance Matt Bellamy have become proud parents of a healthy baby boy. The 32-year-old actress gave birth to her son in Los Angeles, her representative confirmed to Us Weekly.

Hudson is also mother to seven-year-old Ryder, who will play big brother to the new addition to their family. The couple is said to be close to purchasing a Malibu mansion to raise their new baby, reports the Daily Mail.

The 7,000 square foot home is reportedly worth $5.3 million and is nestled in the exclusive Pacific Palisades.


Image: Matt Bellamy and Kate Hudson
Photographs: David Livingston/Getty Images
     Next

David and Victoria name baby girl Harper Seven

Prev     Next
Prev

Next

David and Victoria Beckham, who already have three sons, welcomed their first daughter into the world on Sunday morning, and have decided to name her Harper Seven Beckham.

David confirmed the news on his Facebook page, after he and wife Victoria welcomed the baby, reports the Daily Mail.

The footballer wrote: 'I am so proud and excited to announce the birth of our daughter Harper Seven Beckham. She weighed a healthy 7lbs 10oz and arrived at 7.55 this morning, here in LA. Victoria is doing really well and her brothers are delighted to have a baby sister xx.'

The Seven in the name is believed to be a reference to David's football number when he played for Manchester United and England, while the Harper could be referring to Harper's Bazaar magazine or perhaps To Kill A Mockingbird author Harper Lee.

A close friend of the couple said: 'Harper is an old English name something Victoria has always liked. Seven is a very lucky happy number and the baby was born just after 7am, in the seventh month.'

The child was born by elected Caesarean, in the same way as her older children.

A source told The Sun that David was so happy about the new arrival that he was literally crying with joy. The insider said: 'David has been crying with joy. They are all so happy.'


Image: David and Victoria Beckham
Photographs: Anzuoni / Reuters
Prev     Next

Harry Potter may dethrone Mickey Mouse as world's biggest earning icon

Prev     Next
Prev

Next

Harry Potter is set to beat Disney's Mickey Mouse as the world's biggest earning film icon.

Potter and his mates are believed to have surpassed the Disney character and comic superheroes Batman and Superman. The JK Rowling creation is expected to earn 20 billion pounds through theme parks, new merchandise and global television spin-offs.

More than 400 million Potter books have been sold so far and 4 billion pounds taken at the box office. And the story is not expected to end once the final movie The Deathly Hallows Part 2 is out, as Rowling has already announced that she might write more books.

'There will be plenty more opportunities,' the Daily Star quoted Brand Licensing Europe Events Director Sarah Porter as saying.

 


Image: Movie poster of Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows Part 2

Prev     Next

Emma Watson to show skin in new flick

Prev     Next
Prev

Next

Emma Watson, who has been prim and proper in all eight Harry Potter films, is set to appear in lingerie as she mimics Susan Sarandon in director Stephen Chbosky's new movie The Perks of Being A Wallflower.

'There's a scene where I have to mimic Susan Sarandon in the Rocky Horror Picture Show and I'm standing in a corset in front of all these extras trying to do this dance and I felt ridiculous,' Contactmusic quoted her as telling WENN.

'It's funny coming out of the Potter world and constantly doing things that are new,' she added.


Image: Emma Watson
Photographs: Ian Gavan/Getty Images
Prev     Next

Oprah tipped to host Oscars 2012

Prev     Next
Prev

Next

She just ended her 25 years talk show in May and now television mogul Oprah Winfrey is apparently being counted as the top candidate to host the Oscar ceremony in February.

According to Chicago Sunday Times, academy honchos are keen to lift the ratings after last year's ratings dropped 10 percent on the previous years, after being hosted by actress Anne Hathaway and actor James Franco, whose performance was widely lambasted by critics.

The aim was to target a new and younger demographic with attraction of both Hathaway and Franco, however the plans backfired and lead to what was described as 'strained and weird.'

Hence the apparent keenness to get Winfrey on board and her legion of fans and give the Oscars a much-needed boost, reports Contactmusic.

However, the Academy Awards head honcho has rubbished speculation on this matter.

'The camera loves Oprah. Oprah's a genius. But it's not true, and I don't know where that story even came from,' Tom Sherak told Hollywoodreporter.


Image: Oprah Winfrey
Photographs: Scott Olson/Getty Images
Prev     Next

Rare Charlie Chaplin footage could fetch 100K pounds

Prev     Next
Prev

Next

A rare footage of comedy genius Charlie Chaplin that was lying unrecognised at a second hand shop has now become a small fortune for a jobless Brit man after he was told it could fetch 100,000 pounds at auction.

While buying a small box for a few pounds, Brian Hann from South Tyneside never knew that inside it was a Chaplin 35mm nitrate film from 1916.

'There's Chaplin reading a newspaper while leaning against a tree and there's a wartime message about saving food,' the Daily Express quoted Hann, 40, as saying.

The seven-minute footage is part of a First World War propaganda film called Zepped, starring Chaplin.

It shows scenes of a Zeppelin bombing raid over London. Possibly the only copy of the priceless film went on sale at Bonhams auction house in London last week, with a 100,000-pound asking price.

'We'll be happy to put Mr Hann in contact with one of our experts to authenticate it,' Bonhams added.


Image: Charlie Chaplin
Photographs: Hulton Archive/Getty Images
Prev     Next

Javier Bardem to play villian in James Bond 23

Prev     More
Prev

More

It's official.

Javier Bardem, who is known for his roles in Eat Pray Love and No Country For Old Men, has been cast as the central baddie in the upcoming movie James Bond 23.

The Spanish actor will join Dame Judi Dench and Naomie Harris.

Harry Potter star Ralph Fiennes is also reportedly confirmed for a role in Bond 23, to be directed by British filmmaker Sam Mendes, reports Stuff.co.nz.

Fiennes, who played evil wizard Lord Voldemort in the hit franchise, is said to be portraying a 'darkly complex' character. Meanwhile, troubled star Amy Winehouse is said to be in the running to sing the new Bond theme tune.

Bond composer David Arnold originally wanted the singer to perform the theme song for Quantum of Solace, but Winehouse had to pull out due to her personal issues.

James Bond 23 is scheduled to begin production later this year and is expected to hit cinemas in October 2012.


Image: Javier Bardem
Photographs: John Shearer/Getty Images
Prev     More