|Rediff India Abroad Home | All the sections|
32 new trains, 8 Garib Raths planned
February 26, 2007 13:46 IST
Last Updated: February 26, 2007 14:11 IST
Railway Minister Lalu Prasad announced introduction of 40 new trains, including eight Garib Raths, in the Rail Budget 2007-08 presented on Monday.
"We operate more than 9,000 passengers trains every day. In view of the increasing demand, I propose to introduce 40 new trains, including eight Garib Raths, from the year 2007-08," Prasad said presenting his fourth consecutive budget.
1. Shri Chhatrapati Sahu Maharaj Terminus, Kolapur-Ahmedabad Express (Weekly).
2. Howrah-Rampurhat Express (Daily).
3. Jhansi-Kanpur Express (Daily).
4. Pune-Gorakhpur Express (Weekly).
5. Delhi-Shamli DEMU (Daily).
6. Bapudham Motihari-Varanasi (Tri-Weekly).
7. Bikaner-Jaisalmer Express (Two pairs) (Daily).
8. Mumbai-Aurangabad Janshatabdi Express (Six days in a week).
9. Bhagalpur-New Delhi Express (Weekly).
10. Bijapur-Bagalkot Express (Six days in a week).
11. Allahabad-Mathura Express (Daily).
12. Nasik-Pune Express (Daily).
13. Coimbatore-Nagercoil Express via Madurai (Daily).
14. Bhubaneshwar-Rameshwaram Express (Weekly).
15. Gorakhpur-Yeswantpur Express (Weekly).
16. Yeshwantpur-Chennai Express (Two pairs) weekly
18. Indore-Amritsar Express (Weekly).
19. Chennai-Egmore-Nagore Express (daily).
20. Rewa-Jabalpur Intercity Express (Daily).
21. New Delhi-Sahibabad EMU Service (Daily).
22. Banka-Bhagalpur Passenger (Six days in a week).
23. Chennai-Egmore-Rameshwaram Express (Six days in week)
24. Chhapra-Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus Jansadaran Express via Siwan, Gorakhpur (Weekly).
25. Mumbai-Ajmer/Udaipur Express (Six days in a week).
26. Solapur-Bagalkot Express (Six days in a week).
27. Ajmer-Ratlam Express (Daily two pairs).
28. Vadodara-Bhilad Express (Daily).
29. Patna-Dehri-on-Sone Intercity Express (Daily).
30. Gandhidham-Palanpur Express (Daily).
31. Lucknow Jn-Saharanpur Express (Daily) in lieu of Lucknow-Saharanpur Link Express
32. Jabalpur-Delhi Via Itarsi (Two days in a week).
The Eight Garib Raths are:
1. Secunderabad-Yesvantpur (Tri-Weekly).
2. Jaipur-Bandra Terminus via Ahmedabad (Tri-Weekly).
3. Kolkata-Patna (Tri-Weekly).
4. Bhubaneshwar-Ranchi (Tri-Weekly).
5. Thiruvananthapuram-Lokmanya Tilak Terminus (Bi-weekly)
6. Kolkata-Guwahati (Bi-Weekly).
7. New Delhi-Dehradun (Tri-Weekly)
8. Raipur-Lucknow Junction. (Bi-Weekly).
Buy Taxmann's Budget 2007-08 (with analysis) on Rediff Books.