You don't really need a special occasion to bake. Do you?
Try these all time favourite cake recipes.
Chocolate Bundt Cake
- 30 gm butter (unsalted)
- 2 ¼ cups of flour
- ¾ cup of cocoa powder
- ½ cup of milk
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- Take a Bundt pan and brush it with molten butter, while keeping in mind that the butter is applied intricately all over the pan.
- Make sure your oven is preheated to 325 degrees F (162 degrees Celsius).
- Beat the flour and stir it well with cocoa, salt and baking soda together in a bowl.
- Mix milk with sour cream in a glass.
- Beat the sugar and butter together till it gets fluffy.
- Add eggs to this blend, one at a time, and beat the whole thing again.
- Add to it the flour mixture and the milk mixture and beat it well so that the entire blend becomes smooth.
- Finally, put the entire batter on the buttered pan and bake. You are free to choose your favourite toppings.
Quick Sunshine Cake
- A package of readymade cake mix (18.25 ounces)
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- Crushed mandarin oranges with the juice (11 ounces)
- Crushed pineapple with juice (20 ounces)
- Vanilla pudding mix (5 ounces)
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F.
- Keep some frozen whipped cream at your disposal. You could either get it directly from the store or make it at home.
- Beat the eggs and then add the product to the readymade cake mix.
- Add oil and mandarin oranges to the batter.
- Empty the batter out into a pan (preferably 9 x 13-inch, greased).
- Bake the cake for 40 minutes.
- Prepare the icing by mixing the whipped cream, vanilla pudding mix and the pineapple juice.
- Finally, refrigerate it and use it on top of the cake after it has cooled to normal temperature.
Easy Lemon Pound Cake
- ½ cup butter (melted)
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup milk
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup sugar
- Mix sugar (1 cup) and the butter.
- Add eggs and lemon juice to the concoction and mix it well.
- Add salt, flour and baking powder to the resultant mixture.
- After blending, add some more milk and mix it again.
- Bake your cake at 325 degrees F (for almost an hour until it turns golden brown in colour).
- Use a toothpick to make holes on the top of the cake after you have taken it out of the oven.
- Make a mixture of lemon juice and sugar (¼ cup) and pour it carefully into the holes.
- Serve it warm and see the cake vanish in a jiffy!
Apple Cinnamon Cake
- 2 apples (diced)
- 125 gm butter
- 125 gm flour
- 125 gm castor sugar
- 25 gm honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 125 gm cream cheese
- 1 tbsp cardamom
- 50 ml whipped cream
- Whisk sugar with the butter and add flour as well as eggs to the mixture; mix it well.
- Add the honey, cinnamon and apples to the blend.
- Bake the resultant batter to 170 degrees Celsius.
- Whip the cream cheese, cardamom and whipped cream to make the frosting.
- Cut the cake into wedges and serve it warm.
Strawberry Ice cream Cake
- 700-750 ml vanilla ice cream
- 20 strawberries, cut into small pieces
- ½ cup dense (preferably white) cream
- Place a parchment paper/foil on the bottom of a spring-form pan.
- Put it inside the freezer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Use an electric mixer to beat and smoothen the ice cream.
- Add the strawberries to the blend and mix it again. You could do it with a hand-stirrer this time around.
- Transfer this mixture to the pan (should be chilled by now) and freeze it for 2 hours.
- Whip the dense white cream and spread it all over your cake.
Note: All images used for representational purposes only.