We'd asked you, dear readers, to share your family's Christmas recipes.
Mumbai-based Lavita D'Silva shared this recipe from her hometown Goa.
Take a look!
Here's the recipe
- ½ kg minced beef
- 4 slices of bacon
- 5 slices of bread
- 3 eggs
- Salt to taste
- A pinch of pepper
- 1 medium sized lime
- Soak the bread in water.
- Squeeze the water off the bread.
- Mix the squeezed slices with the mince.
- Cut bacon in small square pieces and add it to the mince.
- Add juice of one lime to this mixture.
- Add 3 lightly beaten eggs.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
- Put the entire mixture in a vessel and press it down till even.
- Place the vessel in a pressure cooker and steam for 20 minutes.
- Your meat loaf is ready.
Note: Meat loaf can also be mashed and used as a sandwich spread.
*Lead image used for representational purposes only. Image: navywifecook/Flickr/Creative Commons