A simple recipe for your Independence Day celebrations at home.
Anita Aikara/Rediff.com shares her tiranga sandwich recipe. You can share yours too!
Tiranga sandwich with carrots and spinach
- Bread slices (cut off the edges)
- A bowl of green chutney
- A bunch of spinach/lettuce leaves
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 3 tsp mayonnaise sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Apply green chutney on one slice of bread.
- Soak the palak leaves in a bowl of salt water. After 5 mins, drain off the water and cut the leaves.
- Place the cut leaves on top of the bread slice layered with green chutney.
- Now place another slice of bread on top of it. You can replace this slice of bread with cheese if you want.
- Spread a layer of mayonnaise on the bread and then place the shredded carrot on top of it.
- Season this layer with a little pepper and salt.
- Place the third slice on top. Your tiranga sandwich is ready. You can serve with orange and kiwi juice.
Have a tricolour recipe to share? Just email it to email@example.com (subject: Independence Day Recipe) along with your NAME, AGE, LOCATION and a photograph of the recipe, if possible. We'll publish the best ones on Rediff.com.