|You are here: Rediff Home » India » Get Ahead » Study Abroad|
GRE test takers experienced the new question types introduced this November. The introduction of new question types in the Sentence Completion and Quantitative sections was a well planned and systematic move by Education Testing Service (ETS) after their withdrawal of the proposed sudden and big changes in April 2007 worldwide.
This time the changes have been introduced in a very test-taker-friendly manner. The changes occurred in the form of at most one question each (either there will be one question of new type or none) in the Quantitative reasoning and Verbal reasoning modules of the test.
Moreover, in the initial takes (not clearly specified) of the test the new question type will not contribute to the test taker's score but the catch here is that test takers will not know when it actually started contributing to their score. In any case, it is time to get accustomed to the new types and start practicing them more often during your preparation for GRE.
Verbal reasoning experts from TCY have prepared 15 practice questions on the NEW sentence correction section exclusively for the rediff.com readers. These questions have been given in this article along with the solutions. The detailed explanations to these questions will follow in the article tomorrow. You may even visit www.tcyonline.com to attempt FREE GRE online tests.
GRE Verbal: NEW* Sentence Completion
1. The company's strategy __(Blank 1)__ focusing on the changing market, establishing __(Blank 2)__ distribution partnerships, making well timed investments and developing __(Blank 3)__ product features.
10. Aristotle clearly __(Blank 1)__ that the __(Blank 2)__ plot is better than the simple one; in it there is the sudden reversal of situation and the __(Blank 3)__ of the truth.
11. The __(Blank 1)__ of feminist scholarship and funds for __(Blank 2)__, gave a new __(Blank 3)__ to the new ways of thinking about women.
12. The __(Blank 1)__ Indian Scriptures __(Blank 2)__ the original dance forms as the manifestation of the __(Blank 3)__ rhythmic energy.
13. Freud's work was __(Blank 1)__ by Rousseau's and the widely __(Blank 2)__ notion of hidden, __(Blank 3)__ forces at work in human nature.
14. The corporation's __(Blank 1)__ franchise partner has decided to exit the mass production business and __(Blank 2)__ only on the __(Blank 3)__ brands.
|Email this Article Print this Article|
|© 2007 Rediff.com India Limited. All Rights Reserved. Disclaimer | Feedback|