Former New Zealand batsman Lou Vincent has pleaded guilty to not reporting an approach by a bookmaker while playing in the Bangladesh Premier League last year.
The 35-year-old Vincent is one of three former New Zealand cricketers under investigation by the International Cricket Council for alleged match-fixing.
Vincent, who retired from all cricket last year, had failed to report the approach to the ICC while playing for the Khulna Royal Bengals in the domestic Twenty20 competition in January last year.
"I confirm I rejected this approach at the time," Vincent said in a statement carried by New Zealand media on Thursday.
"There is no allegation or suggestion anything untoward occurred beyond the approach itself.
"I also express I have no involvement in any of the matches, or matters, involving the other parties, which were the subject of recent hearings and investigation in Bangladesh.
"Unfortunately, I am unable to comment any further on this matter, as it is subject to an ongoing judicial process.
"I am also continuing to co-operate with the ICC in respect of other inquiries, they are making, which also restricts my ability to comment any further."
The two other New Zealand cricketers being investigated have been named by local media but New Zealand Cricket has declined to confirm their identities.
The three have been probed as part of a wider investigation into alleged match-fixing in the BPL.
Kent cricketer Darren Stevens was found not guilty by an ICC tribunal of failing to report an illegal approach while playing for the Dhaka Gladiators in 2013, the 37-year-old all-rounder said on Wednesday.
The ICC had been investigating an alleged conspiracy within the Bangladesh franchise to engage in match-fixing and spot-fixing during the tournament.
Image: Lou Vincent.
Photograph: Teaukura Moetaua/Getty Images