Holi recipe: How to make Sweet Khichdi!
We bring you a festive preparation for the Festival of Colours!
We invited readers to share their Holi recipes with us. Here, Nalini J Kudalkar shares a Sweet Khichdi preparation:
- 1 small cup of rice
- 1/2 a cup of moong dal
- 1/2 a cup of raw scrapped coconut
- 1/2 a cup of scrapped gur (jaggery)
- 1/2 a cup elaichi, powdered
- 1/2 a cup broken dry fruit
- 1/2 a cup of coconut milk
- 100 ml water
- Fry the moong dal and rice together on a medium flame. Make sure it's not so hot it gets burnt.
- Add water and coconut milk to the fried rice-moong dal mixture. As it turns into a semi boiled state, add the scrapped raw coconut, scrapped gur, broken dry fruits and elaichi powder.
- Garnish with raisins or rose petals. Dry coconut powder may also be used for garnishing.
Photographs: Bellayet/Wikimedia Commons