FIFA's Task Force for Women’s Football has called for a target of 30 percent women's participation in the governing body's leading structures and top jobs, FIFA said on Thursday.
The Task Force has asked that women's representation become a priority issue for the new Reform Committee charged with over-hauling the crisis-hit organisation.
In a statement the body proposed a "target of 30 percent for women’s participation on boards and committees and in senior management roles".
The Task Force also proposed: "women’s football being represented at the highest level and in the decision-making bodies through specialists, ideally women; women’s football being fully integrated in the strategy of every member association."
FIFA held a symposium on women's football in Vancouver before the final of the Women's World Cup in July and Task Force head Maya Dodd said they had taken up the issues raised at that event.
"It has been exciting to see the upsurge in interest for women’s football in the weeks following the FIFA Women’s World Cup in Canada, but we need to ensure the momentum is maintained,” said Dodd, who is a co-opted member of FIFA's executive committee.
“Today we have fully endorsed the calls to action announced during the symposium and used these to develop proposals to increase the number of women involved, not only on the field but also in governance and in business aspects of the game," said Australian Dodd.
"This is a crucial time for FIFA as the reform process is set to advance in the coming months and the Task Force for Women’s Football will continue to push for better gender balance in football given that it undoubtedly enhances governance and improves the game overall,” she said.
The Task Force also called for non-discriminatory funding of the sport at all levels in "fair financial proportion to its participation levels and potential".
Newcastle sign winger Thauvin from Marseille
Newcastle United have completed their fifth signing of the transfer window with French winger Florian Thauvin joining on a five-year deal from Marseille on Wednesday.
The deal for the 22-year-old included Remy Cabella moving in the opposite direction on loan.
"Florian is a player the club have been watching for a long time and I am delighted that we have been able to sign him," Newcastle United head coach Steve McClaren told the Premier League club's website.
"He is a perfect signing, someone who is young, with great potential and is one of the best young players in Europe.
"He is an exciting, creative talent who can score goals."
McClaren has clearly identified strengthening Newcastle's offensive options with Georginio Wijnaldum signed from PST Eindhoven and Aleksandar Mitotic from Underlet.
Roma sign Stuttgart's Ruediger on loan for 4 million euros
VfB Stuttgart central defender Antonio Ruediger has joined Italy's Roma on a one-year loan deal with an option for a permanent move, the clubs said on Wednesday.
The tall 22-year-old, who is recovering from a meniscus operation in his right knee, passed a medical check in the Italian capital earlier this week.
"AS Roma are pleased to announce that German defender Antonio Ruediger has joined on a season-long loan from Stuttgart for a fee of four million euros. The agreement also includes the option to make the transfer permanent from the 2016-17 season for a fee of nine million euros," Roma said in a statement.
Ruediger joined Stuttgart as a teenager in 2011 and has so far won six caps for Germany after making his first appearance last year.
"I have to thank VfB for a lot of things. I was a junior player here and became a Germany international. It was always special to wear the VfB shirt," said the player in a Stuttgart statement.