Gwyneth Paltrow's fitness secret: Detox
Another Hollywood hottie tells us what keeps the years off her bod.
Gwyneth Paltrow has revealed that she follow a radical detox plan simply called 'Clean' to keep herself fit.
"I have turned many of my friends on to this programme and each one has experienced profound benefits, from weight loss to mental clarity to the end of chronic depression," the Sun quoted her as saying.
"It involves two liquid "meals" a day plus vegetables, chicken and buckwheat noodles for lunch, ideally for three weeks -- but could lead to headaches because of the low-calorie and caffeine-free regime," she said.
Dr Alejandro Junger, a New York heart specialist details the radical detox plan that has A-listers in a spin in The Hollywood body bible.
Detoxing gives bodies a break. Giving up alcohol, for instance, helps ease the load on your liver, while cutting back on caffeine-rich drinks reduces stress on your nervous system and heart.
It can also help reduce the daily onslaught of bad fats, pesticides and additives in our food and drink and strengthen the organs, which have to deal with them.
Image: Gwyneth Paltrow follows a radical detox plan
Photographs: Cover of GQ Magazine
Follow the regime
Wellbeing's nutritionist Amanda Ursell reveals some tips to be followed under detox plan:
1. Gradually reduce drinks that contain caffeine to no more than four a day. Replace with water or herbal teas.
2. Eat porridge, muesli, Oatibix, apples, pears or pulses such as beans and lentils once a day.
3. Cut out as much processed food as possible, including most ready-to-eat breakfast cereals, all ready meals and all fast and junk food.
4. Avoid adding salt to your cooking and at the table to shed upto 3 lbs of excess stored water.
5. Eat five servings of fruit and vegetables a day.
6. Have the orange and beetroot detox juice once a day.
7. Try fruit or a handful of unsalted nuts if you want a between-meals snack.
Image: Gwyneth Paltrow
Photographs: Cover of Vogue Magazine