Yamaha's brand new SZ series is here!
Not much to say about these bugs, they are simply bifurcated in two directions based on the value of their price tags. The cheaper one i.e. SZ-S at Rs. 59,500 (ex showroom Delhi) loses tank scoop and body painted panels to portray image of an down-to-earth bike, whereas the pricier one SZ-RR at Rs. 62,500 (ex showroom Delhi) chooses to go for scoops and all, loaded with graphics, flashy tit bits, and many more. Both of the products are said to cater the audiences differently at two pricing points, which Yamaha aims to fill in the wide (opened) gap fruitfully, that was created during the changing scenario of industry.
Lastly, we were waiting in the hall for Yamaha to roll-out new 250cc displacement as well; being not so cared about our temptations the bike maker hadn't uttered a word on same, left us chasing the dreams until next year or so.
- Engine: 153cc air cooled, 4 stroke, SOHC, 2 valve
- Maximum Power: 12.1 PS @ 7500 RPM
- Maximum Torque: 12.8 Nm @ 4500 RPM
- Starting System: Electric and Kick
- Transmission Type: Constant Mesh 5-Speed
- Front Suspension: Telescopic
- Rear Suspension: Swingarm
- Front Brake: Disc
- Rear Brake: Drum
- Front Tyre: 2.75- 17 41P
- Rear Tyre: 100/90-17 55P
- Dimensions (length x width x height): 2,050mm x 730mm 1,100mm
- Kerb Weight: 134 kg
- Ground Clearance: 165mm
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 14 liters
- Frame Type: Diamond