As competition hots up, more and more scooter manufacturers are turning their attention to the female buyers. Here are five scooters that are getting the desired attention.
TVS Motor Company has launched another Scooty for Indian women.
The TVS Scooty Zest has futuristic design, solid engine, making it more comfortable and premium for the ladies. Priced at Rs 42,300 (ex-showroom, Delhi), it is designed to steal market share from Honda Activa-i, Yamaha Ray, Hero Pleasure and Suzuki Let's.
In fact, the Zest is the first Scooty by the company that is powered by a 110cc engine.
While TVS Zest is not the first scooter launched for women, how does it fare against competition? Here goes...
TVS Scooty Zest
TVS has brought so many features with its new Scooty and has designed it so well that girls will find it difficult to say a no to it.
- 109.7cc, single-cylinder, 4-stroke, CVT-i, air-cooled engine that powers the Jupiter and Wego
- Claims a mileage of 62kmpl with 5-litre tank capacity
- Maximum power of 7.9bhp with peak torque of 8.8Nm
- Telescopic front suspension and double-rated Monoshock at the rear
- Anti-skid 90/100 10-inch Tubeless front and rear tyres
- 110mm drum brake at the front and 130mm drum brake at the rear
- Under seat storage of 19 litres, open glove box, under-seat bag hook, foldable bag hook
- Parking brake, back-lit speedometer, twilight lamps
It is the female centric version of Honda Activa, a revolutionary scooter, which started the trend of gearfree scooters in India.
- 4-stroke, air-cooled, mono-cylinder, SI engine with 109.2cc displacement
- Incorporates HET for better performance and comes mated with V-matic transmission
- Claims a mileage of 60kmpl assisted with 5 litre fuel tank capacity
- Net power of 8bhp and net torque of 8.74Nm
- Underbone type frame
- Spring loaded hydraulic type suspensions at both the ends
- 90/100-10 53J tubeless front and rear tyres
- 130mm drum brakes at both ends with Combi-brake system
- 18-litre large under-seat storage, hugger rear fender, vibrant double tone instrument panel
- Ex-showroom Delhi price: Rs 43,680
Hero MotoCorp Pleasure
Hero recently launched the upgraded Pleasure with a whole new skin that seems much better than before. A wide range of colours are also offered that easily grabs the female eye.
- Air-cooled, 4-stroke, single-cylinder, OHC engine with 102cc displacement
- Supreme power of 6.74bhp with supreme torque of 7.85Nm
- High rigidity under bone type
- Bottom link with spring-loaded hydraulic damper at the front and Swing arm with spring-loaded hydraulic damper at the rear
- Tubeless 90 / 100 x 10 -- 53 front and rear tyres
- Front and rear 130mm drum brakes with Integrated braking system
- Mobile charging socket, Boot light for under seat storage
- Ex-Showroom, Delhi price: Starts at Rs 43,000 to Rs 44,500
It is the first 110cc scooter by the company that was launched a few months back with best in class engine specifications and elegant designing
- Air-cooled, 4-stroke, SEP that displaces 112.8cc
- Powered by SEP for superior performance
- Claimed mileage of 63kmpl with 5.2 litre fuel tank storage
- Topmost power of 8.7bhp with topmost torque of 9Nm
- Telescopic, coil spring, oil damped suspension at the front and Swing arm type, coil spring, oil damped suspension at the rear
- 90/100 -- 10 inch tubeless tyres at both the sides
- 120mm drum brake at the front and rear
- Ex-Showroom price, Delhi: Starts Rs 43,430
Ray has a sporty design that has better aerodynamics leading to enhanced stability. Its simplicity is its beauty that makes it an ideal choice for female buyers.
- 113cc, single-cylinder, air-cooled, 4-stroke, SOHC, 2-valve engine
- Utmost power of 7bhp with utmost torque of 8.1Nm
- Underbone frame type
- Telescopic suspension at the front and Unit Swing suspension at the rear
- 90/100-10 53J tyres at the front and rear that are Tube type
- 130mm drum brakes for front and rear
- Inner box and convenient hook, integrated headlight and turn signal assembly, 15.5-litre under-seat storage capacity
- Ex-showroom price, Delhi: Rs 45,850