When the places you go
become part of you
An extraordinary journey is about venturing to destinations that hurt to leave behind.
Gorgeous postcard places you depart from with a heavy heart.
Tawang. Dirang. Sangti Valley. Jaswantgarh. Arunachal Pradesh.
The pain of parting with them was terrible, says Rajesh Karkera on the third leg of his 1,800 km, 10-day Mahindra Adventure-organised road/offroad journey across Assam, Arunachal and Meghalaya.
- Leg 1: Guwahati to Dirang, 385 km, 10 hours of driving, plus rest stops
- Leg 2: Dirang, to Tawang, 135 km, 5 hours of driving, plus stops
- Leg 3: Tawang to Dirang, 135 km, 6.5 hours of driving plus rest stops
- Leg 4: Dirang to Kaziranga, 272 km, 7.5 hours of driving, plus rest stops
- Leg 5: Kaziranga to Shillong, 307 km, 7 hours of driving, plus rest stops, and back to Guwahati, 105 km, 2.5 hours driving, plus rest stops