Stats: Plethora of records for hat-trick king Mishra
Leg-spinner Amit Mishra produced a stunning performance, taking four wickets in five deliveries, including a hat-trick, as Sunrisers Hyderabad pulled off an incredible 11-run victory over Pune Warriors in the Pepsi Indian Premier League.
Statistical highlights from Wednesday's match in Pune.
- Bhuvneshwar Kumar (3/18) recorded his best bowling figures in the IPL. His tally of 18 wickets (ave. 26.00) in 21 matches is the second highest for Pune, next only to Rahul Sharma's tally of 32 wickets at 21.93 runs apiece in 31 games.
Image: Sunrisers Hyderabad players celebrate winning the match against Pune Warriors
Mishra claims third hat-trick in the IPL
- Mishra is the first bowler to record three hat-tricks in the IPL - one each for Sunrisers Hyderabad, Delhi Daredevils and Deccan Chargers.
- He (30 and 4/19) is the seventh all-rounder to score 30 runs and bag four wickets in the same IPL game.
- He received his sixth Man of the Match award in the IPL, and is the first to get three MoM awards this year.
- Mishra's bowling performance of 4 for 19 is his third best in the IPL. He claimed 5 for 17 for Delhi vs Deccan Chargers at Feroz Shah Kotla in Delhi on May 15, 2008 - his best performance till date.
Image: Amit Mishra
Sunrisers Hyderabad defend second lowest total in IPL
- Both Thisara Perera and Mishra have taken nine wickets each in six matches for Sunrisers Hyderabad in the IPL.
- Sunrisers Hyderabad and Royal Challengers Bangalore have won four games each out of six played in the IPL this year.
- Sunrisers Hyderabad's total of 119/8 is the joint second lowest defended by a team successfully in the IPL - the lowest is Chennai Super Kings' 116 for nine vs Punjab's 92 for eight at Kingsmead, Durban on May 20, 2009.
- Biplab Samantray (37) posted his highest score in the IPL.
- Mishra and Ashish Reddy put on a stand of 40 -- Hyderabad's highest for the eighth wicket in the IPL. That partnership is also Hyderabad's highest for any wicket against Pune.
- Perera, with 117 runs at an average of 19.50 in six matches, is the leading run-getter for Sunrisers Hyderabad in the IPL.
- Reddy (19 not out off 15 balls) posted his highest IPL score.
Image: Sunrisers Hyderabad players celebrate