Scans on England paceman Stuart Broad's injured right foot revealed no sign of a fracture and he could return to the bowling attack for the fourth Ashes Test in Melbourne, the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) said on Monday.
"Scans revealed no evidence of a fracture," read an ECB tweet.
"He will continue to receive treatment on his right foot and will be reviewed on a regular basis ahead of the fourth Test. He will bat in this current Test if required."
The 27-year-old sustained the injury on Sunday when he was struck on the boot by a Mitchell Johnson delivery to be dismissed lbw on the third day of the third Ashes Test against Australia at the WACA.
Broad, England's best bowler of the series with 14 wickets at the cost of 25 runs apiece, was taken to a local hospital for an X-ray and took no part in the final two sessions of the day.
Broad had already said he would be willing to swing his bat, if necessary, and he is almost certain to be required as England battle to save the Test over the next two days.
Image: Stuart Broad walks with crutches on Sunday
Photograph: Gareth Copley/Getty Images