Treat your loved ones to these awesome flaky treats that are super easy to make.
Food blogger Nadiya Sarguroh has a recipe for you.
Photograph: Kind courtesy HautePot
Nutella Puff Pastry Swirls
- 2 pre-rolled puff pastry sheets, easily available in specialist baking stores and online
- 2 tbsp chocolate and hazelnut Nutella spread
- 1 egg
- Baking/butter paper
- Butter for greasing baking tray and baking/butter paper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- While the oven is pre-heating, take one of the pastry sheets and spread it out.
Spread a thin but uniform layer of the Nutella on it.
- Place the second pastry sheet on top of the first sheet.
Gently keep patting the sheet to flatten both sheets into a kind of a sandwich and seal the edges.
Using a pizza cutter, cut vertical, 10-14 inch strips, along the longer edges of the pastry sheet.
Hold the sealed edge and twist each strip. Roll it into a swirl.
- Grease the tray and then line the tray with the baking paper and grease.
Place each swirl on the baking tray, at least 1 inch apart.
- Whisk the egg and using a pastry brush, coat the swirls generously with the whisked egg mixture.
- Bake the swirls in the oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Take out of the oven and let it cool on a rack, before serving it with a cup of hot chocolate. These swirls can be had for breakfast or as a dessert.
Nadiya Sarguroh lives in Mumbai and publishes the food blog HautePot.