Delicious shallow-fried Raw Banana Cutlets by food blogger Bethica Das.
You can serve them as a starter along with tomato sauce and green chutney.
Photograph: Kind courtesy Bethica Das
Raw Banana Cutlet
- 1 large raw banana, boiled, peeled and mashed
- 1 tbsp rice flour
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1-2 green chillies, chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- ½ tsp jeera or cumin seeds
- 2 tbsp green dhania or coriander or cilantro, chopped
- Salt to taste
- ¼ tsp haldi or turmeric powder
- ½ tsp garam masala powder
- ½ tsp amchur or dried mango powder
- ½ tsp red chilly flakes
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 2-3 tbsp oil, to fry
- Tomato sauce, to serve
- Green chutney, to serve
- In a bowl, mix together all the ingredients (except the oil) and knead into a dough.
Make equal size portions of the dough and roll it into round balls.
- Heat oil in a heavy-bottomed frying pan over medium heat and shallow fry the cutlets, 3-4 at a time, till golden in colour.
Flip them once so that all sides are cooked evenly.
Drain and transfer to a plate lined with tissue paper or a paper towel.
Serve hot with tomato sauce or green chutney.