A refreshing, sweet-salty Mediterranean salad from home chef and food blogger Vindhya Karwa.
Photograph: Kind courtesy Vindhya Karwa
Cucumber, Pistachio and Feta Salad
- 2 tbsp minced red onion
- 2 kheera or English cucumbers, sliced thin
- A bunch of red grapes
- 1 tbsp chopped dhania or green coriander or cilantro
- 2 tbsp or more feta, crumbled (feta is a tangy, salty Greek cheese, readily available in grocery stores and long-life versions can be purchased online)
- 1/3 cup pistachios, shelled
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ tsp freshly ground pepper
- Sea salt as per taste (you can use kosher salt too, available online, but it's expensive)
- A squeeze of lime juice
- In a large serving bowl combine the cucumber slices, grapes, minced onion and cilantro.
- Drizzle the olive oil over it and mix well.
- Top with the crumbled feta.
- Sprinkle pepper. Add the salt carefully. Feta is salty and very little additional salt may be necessary.
- Squeeze the lime juice over the salad.
Let the salad chill in the refrigerator.
- Before serving add the pistachios.
Vindhya Karwa posts vegan and vegetarian recipes under the Instagram handle @vinsplate.