Impress your guests with this delicious sandwich.
Recipe by Chef Rupesh Khandekar, Sous Chef, Earthplate, Hotel Sahara Star.
- 2 slices of multigrain bread (you can also take brown bread)
- 2 tsp butter
- 1 tsp of coriander pesto
- Pinch of cumin powder, roasted
- Pinch of black pepper, crushed and roasted
- 1 small onion, cut into thin circles
- 1 small potato, boiled and sliced
- 1 small beetroot, boiled and sliced
- ½ bell pepper, cut into rounds
- 75 gm processed cheese, grated
- Salt for seasoning
- Take the bread slices, apply the coriander pesto on one side of both slices of bread.
Put a slice onion, potato, beetroot and bell pepper(capsicum).
Sprinkle cumin powder, salt and crushed black pepper evenly.
- Spread the grated processed cheese evenly.
Cover it with another slice.
- Apply butter on both the side of bread and place it under the toaster or griller.
Pre-heat the griller or toaster, apply some butter on the griller by using a brush.
Toast or grill it the bread becomes crispy.
Serve it hot with homemade green chutney.