Enjoy the goodness of coconut and milk in this lip-smacking recipe sent by Shikha Goel.
This Diwali, give the rava laddoos a miss, and try the coconut laddoos instead.
Here's the recipe:
- 200 gm desiccated coconut flakes or powder
- 1 tin or 400 gm sweetened condensed milk
- 100 gm milk solid or khoya or mawa
- 2 or 3 tbsp coconut powder for dusting
- Slivers almond or pistachios for the garnish
- Heat condensed milk in a non-stick pan on low fire.
- Add coconut powder and khoya.
- Stir continuously, always on low heat.
- When the mixture starts leaving the sides of the pan take off heat.
- Allow the mixture cool.
- Take small portions and make small 1-inch balls.
- Roll/dust them in extra coconut flakes.
- Garnish with almond/pistachio slivers and serve.
Image courtesy: chhapanbhog.blogspot.com
ALSO SEE Diwali Recipe: How to make Mango Halwa
Do you have an interesting Diwali recipe that you'd like to share with us?
Simply write in to firstname.lastname@example.org (subject line: 'Diwali recipes') with your name, home-town and any interesting details about the origin of the recipe, along with a photograph, if possible.
We will publish the best ones right here on Rediff.com.
Click here for interesting food recipes and features!