Rediff reader and food blogger Sarika Gunjal shares a low calorie, protein-packed appetizer recipe.
Do you have a healthy recipe to share? Email it to us!
Here’s how to make Kala Chana Chaat:
- 1-2 cups of kala chana, boiled
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 2-3 green chilies, chopped
- 1 small cucumber, cut into small pieces
- Cilantro, chopped
- 1 grated carrot or tomato diced
- 1 avocado, cubed
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp chaat masala or to taste
- 1-2 lemon juice or as per to taste
- Soak the chanas overnight.
- Boil the soaked chanas, drain the water and keep.
- In a mixing bowl, add chopped onion, chilies, cucumber and carrot.
- Now add the boiled chickpeas, salt, chaat masala, lemon juice along with avocado and cilantro.
- Mix well and put in the refrigerator for an hour or so.
- Serve chilled as an appetizer or as a salad.
Image courtesy: Sarika Gunjal
Do you have an healthy food recipe that you'd like to share with us?
Simply write in to firstname.lastname@example.org (subject line: 'Healthy recipes') with your name and home-town, along with a photograph of the dish.
We will publish the best ones right here on Rediff.com and India Abroad.
Love food? More recipes and food features here!