Rediff.com's Rajesh Karkera shares a simple recipe for beginners!
Photograph and video: Rajesh Karkera/Rediff.com
Watch the video below!
- 1/2 kg bhindi
- 1 tsp haldi
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp jeera
- 1 tsp ajwain
- 1 tsp thinly chopped ginger
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 2 tbsp oil
- Salt to taste
- Wash the bhindi and dry well to get rid of moisture completely
- Trim off both ends and chop into thin round slices.
- Heat a pan and add oil.
- Add jeera, ajwain and ginger followed by chopped onions (optional).
- Fry till onions turn translucent.
- Add bhindi and stir well.
- Add coriander powder, turmeric and salt to taste. Go easy on salt, you can add later.
- Stir and cook on high flame for 5 minutes.
- Close and cook for 60 seconds.
- Add salt if necessary.
- Fry on high flame so that bhindi does not become sticky.
- Serve hot with rice or roti.