Recipes from Reshma Aslam's kitchen diary.
You can share your favourite recipes too!
Here’s how to make Masala Keema:
- ¼ kg keema (minced) mutton or chicken
- 1cup fresh coriander (paste)
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves (paste)
- 5 to 6 green chillies (paste)
- 2 medium sized onions (chopped fine or ground to paste)
- ¼ cup green peas (optional)
- 1 tbsp garam masala powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- ¼ cup oil
- ¼ cup ghee (vanaspati)
- 1 tbsp kasoori methi
- 1 to 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- Salt to taste.
- Wash the keema well. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat ghee and oil in a pan. Add kasoori methi leaves and bay leaves.
- Now add the onions. Fry well till it turns nice and pink.
- Add ginger garlic paste, chilly paste, mint paste, and coriander paste. Fry well.
- Add salt and add the keema. Mix well. Add green peas, turmeric powder and garam masala powder.
- Mix well. Add little water and cover lid and let it cook for about 30 minutes.
- If you are using chicken it gets done in 20 minutes.
- Serve hot with parathas or bread.
- You can season to taste by adding little lime juice.
Photograph: Creative Commons
Loved this recipe? Click here for more interesting recipes and food features!
Want to share your favourite recipe? Simply e-mail your recipes to firstname.lastname@example.org (subject line: My Fav Recipe) with your name, hometown and any interesting details about the origin of the recipe, along with a photograph of the recipe, if possible. We'll publish the best preparations right here on Rediff.com and India Abroad.