Rediff reader and food blogger Urmimala sent us this delicious Parsi-style scrambled cottage cheese recipe.
Do you have a recipe to share? Email it to us!
Scrambled cottage cheese cooked in assorted spices, Parsi-style. That's Paneer Akuri for you.
Here's the recipe:
- 300 gm paneer, finely grated
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 medium sized onions
- 2 medium sized garlic cloves
- 2 medium sized tomato
- 5 green chillies
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- Sugar to taste
- Salt to taste
- Chopped coriander leaves (optional)
- 1 tsp garam masala powder (blend of powdered cinnamon, cloves, green cardamom) (optional)
- Chop all the vegetables in small pieces.
- Heat a pan and add butter.
- Fry garlic till they become slightly brown.
- Add onions, fry light brown.
- Add chillies and tomatoes. Mix well and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add grated paneer.
- Add turmeric powder, sugar and salt as per your taste.
- Stir gently after adding the paneer.
- Cover and simmer for around two minutes and switch off the heat.
- Place it in a serving bowl and season it with garam masala powder.
- You may also garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with roti or chapati.
Do you have an interesting recipe you want to share?
Write in to us at firstname.lastname@example.org (subject line: 'Recipes') with your name, hometown and any interesting details about the origin of the recipe, along with a photograph if possible. We'll publish the best preparations right here on Rediff.com.