Noted laywer Ujjwal Nikam had asked the court that Headley should be tried along with Abu Jundal.
Both Major Iqbal and Major Pasha are shown as wanted accused in the charge sheet filed by the city police's crime branch in the case.
He noted that the agency has already submitted a chargesheet in the alleged fake encounter case of Ishrat Jahan.
The American-Pakistani terrorist's deposition will resume on Thursday.
The Maharashtra government spent over Rs 25 lakh on visits of ministers and bureaucrats to London to finalise the purchase of the house where Dalit icon B R Ambedkar stayed while pursuing higher studies, an RTI query has revealed.
The saffron party's IT cell had realised the power of WhatsApp early in the day and wielded it to devastating effect in the Bengal elections.
The sessions court in Mumbai on Thursday found all the accused in the Shakti Mills gangrape cases guilty.
Key 26/11 plotter Sayed Zabiuddin Ansari alias Abu Jundal's lawyer on Monday informed a Mumbai court that he wanted to cross-examine Pakistani-American terrorist David Coleman Headley for four days.
However, the Pakistani-American LeT commander Zakiur Rehman Lakhvi stopped him, saying something more "adventurous" was in store for him.
Headley, 55, was pardoned on December 10 and made an approver by additional sessions judge G A Sanap who presides over special cases related to terrorism, including those under the now repealed Terrorists and Disruptive Activities (Prevention) Act.
The list of the prestigious Padma Awards 2016 awardees is out and superstar Rajnikanth is set to be honoured with the nation's second highest civilian award, the Padma Vibhushan.
The 18-year-old telephone operator who was allegedly gang raped in the Shakti Mills compound here on July 31 today deposed before a trial court and expressed her desire to get even with the accused who had beaten her up during the sexual assault.
Priyanka Chopra is busy promoting Baywatch.
Her mommy has been busy as well, announcing 6 films at Cannes.
Two juveniles arrested in connection with the Shakti Mill gang rape cases of a photojournalist and a telephone operator were on Tuesday convicted by the Juvenile Justice Board and sent to a Nashik school for three years to learn "good behaviour".
Justice Madanlal Laxmandas Tahaliyani, a retired judge of the Bombay high court, was on Monday sworn in as the new Maharashtra Lokayukta.
With the Supreme Court Friday rejecting Sanjay Dutt's petition seeking review of its judgement in the 1993 Mumbai serial blasts, top lawyers involved in the case said the actor has no option but to surrender and start serving his term before seeking relief.
The victim, who belonged to the Maratha community, was found murdered after being raped on July 13, 2016 at Kopardi village in Ahmednagar district.
The Modi government has handled inflation far better than any government in the past two decades. Both the stock market and currency indices have begun to show confidence in the economy, despite the mounting global headwinds of trade.
However, Federation of Indian Airlines will continue to function and its other members are not pulling the plug yet, industry sources said.
A 28-year-old serial house breaker was on Friday sentenced to life imprisonment by a court in Mumbai for raping a Spanish woman on knife point in suburban Bandra last year.
The police has listed 30 witnesses in the case including absconding accused Vidyadhar's mother who has allegedly named Chintan in her statement.
Children under 12 years of age will no longer be allowed to take part in formation of human pyramids during 'Dahi Handi' celebrations, which are integral part of Janmashtami festivities in Maharashtra.
Making a statement in Parliament on the Mumbai photojournalist gang rape case, Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde on Monday said he had asked Maharashtra Home Minister R R Patil to ensure the fast tracking of the case and also assured the House that early judgement will be delivered.
Ajit Mishra, vice president, Research, Religare Broking, answers your queries.
The 23-year-old photojournalist in the Mumbai gang-rape case identified her assaulters and fainted inside the court during her four-hour deposition on Thursday following which she was taken to a city hospital.
Rathi, who hailed from Delhi, had died of multiple organ failure after Panwar allegedly threw acid on her in May 2013.
The sessions court trying the Mumbai photojournalist's gang rape case on Monday set a deadline for itself saying it would try to conclude the hearing in 60 days.
A Mumbai court trying the case of Lashkar-e-Taiba operative and 26/11 key handler Sayed Zabiuddin Ansari alias Abu Jundal, on issued non-bailable warrant against 12 more accused in the Mumbai terror attacks case.
Santos and Fernandez were attacked outside a popular eatery in Mumbai's Amboli area while trying to protect their female friends from a group of harassers on October 20, 2011. They were stabbed brutally by four men.
The deposition was meant to secure more information and revelations on the 26/11 terror attacks that would make India's case against Pakistan stronger. Instead, the internal conflicts within India's security establishment stood exposed.
A local court on Monday sentenced Sajjad Mogul, who was convicted for killing 25-year-old city-based lawyer Pallavi Purkayastha in 2012, to life imprisonment.
A local court in Mumbai on Monday convicted security guard Sajjad Ahmed Mughal in connection with the murder of 25-year-old city-based lawyer Pallavi Purkayastha in her flat at suburban Wadala in 2012.
An "under offer" sign outside the 10 King Henry's Road townhouse indicates that the sale process is nearly complete.
An eight-member Pakistani judicial commission team crossed into India from the Wagah border check post in Punjab on Saturday to conduct the much-delayed cross-examination of witnesses in the 2008 Mumbai attacks, which claimed 166 lives.
The average rating was seven out of 10.
Days after sentencing four men to life term for brutalising a telephone operator in Shakti Mills compound in Mumbai, a local court on Monday framed fresh charges against the three common convicts in the 2013 photojournalist gang rape case.
Overseas education consultant NNS Chandra offers advice on how to pick the right international university.
Yakub Memon, a convict in the 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts, is likely to be executed on July 30 if the Supreme Court turns down his mercy plea. It will be the first execution in the serial blasts, which left over 250 dead.
A number of royals have thrown their hat in the ring in the high-voltage Uttar Pradesh assembly elections.
The Mumbai police and the jail administration cut a sorry figure on Thursday when it was discovered that an accused in the sensational Shakti Mills compound gang-rape case had "disappeared" and could not be produced before the court but he was later found to be in prison.