A Special Executive Officer (SEO) informed the trial court on Thursday, that in an identification parade conducted by him earlier this year, 28 witnesses had identified the bodies of terrorists killed by security forces during 26/11 terror attacks.
The country-wide raids by the Income Tax teams on properties allegedly owned by former Jharkhand chief minister Madhu Koda and his associates continued for the second day on Sunday.
A Pakistan court has issued a non-bailable arrest warrant against Faheem Ansari, an alleged Lashkar-e-Tayiba operative and 26/11 Mumbai terror attack case accused, for allegedly obtaining a Pakistani passport on fake documents.
'Anyone can string together a few alliterative words, but are they a substitute for serious thought?' 'And do they make for a strategy or plan for coherent action?' asks T N Ninan.
Making it clear that it could not wait further for 26/11 terrorist Ajmal Kasab to file an appeal against the trial court's order sentencing him to death for his role in the 26/11 terror attack, the Bombay high court on Monday said it would proceed with the confirmation of the death sentence from October 11 or October 18. Public Prosecutor Ujjwal Nikam said the Pakistani terrorist had a threat perception and bringing him to court would be a great risk.
A memorial for 26/11 braveheart Tukaram Ombale and other 26/11 martyrs will be unveiled on Monday at his hometown Bhuinj in Satara district of western Maharashtra.
Three US nationals are expected to give their testimony in the 26/11 terror attack case through videoconferencing while two Federal Bureau of Investigation officers are likely to appear in person before the special court in Mumbai on Wednesday.
"I am happy with the verdict of death being given to Kasab," said Eknath Omble, brother of assistant police sub-inspector Tukaram Omble, who died while trying to capture Pakistani gunman Ajmal Kasab, on the dreaded night of November 26, 2008.
Hailing the conviction of Pakistani terrorist Ajmal Kasab for the Mumbai terror attacks, Special Prosecutor Ujjwal Nikam on Monday said the acquittal of two other accused in the case will be challenged in a higher court. "I am very happy (about the conviction of Kasab). But I regret the acquittal of two other accused Faheem Ansari and Sabauddin Ahmed. The court has given them the benefit of doubt. We will challenge their acquittal," Nikam said.
Special Public Prosecutor Ujjwal Nikam handed over a sealed envelope to Judge M L Tahiliani during the ongoing trial into the Mumbai terror attacks. He sought the judge's permission to keep the identities of six FBI agents, who are likely to depose during the trial, a secret.
E-commerce firms like Amazon, Flipkart, Myntra and others witnessed successful festive season sales this year, Experts say e-commerce adoption in the country is accelerating by multiple years or what it would have looked like in 2025.
26/11 attacks prosecutor Ujjwal Nikam speaks about the unique trial of Ajmal Kasab and two other accused in the case.
A special court rejected the plea to make Pakistan-American terrorist David Headley a witness in the 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks case on Monday after the prosecution argued that he is one of the accused and part of a module, which had filmed targets in the city.
Special Judge M L Tahilyani, who is presiding over the 26/11 trial, on Thursday passed an order under Section 44 of the Indian Penal Code prohibiting the media -- print and electronic -- from reporting content that could lead to communal violence.
Pakistani-American David Headley's confession in a US court about his involvement in the Mumbai terror attacks has strengthened the 26/11 case, currently being heard by a special judge in Mumbai, public prosecutor in the case Ujjwal Nikam said on Friday.
David Coleman Headley, who pleaded guilty before a United States court on Thursday night, cannot be impleaded in the 26/11 trial going on in Mumbai as it is nearing completion, but he can be put on trial in Pakistan, Special Public Prosecutor Ujjwal Nikam said on Friday. However, he said, Pakistani-American Headley's admission of guilt before a US court has strengthened the Mumbai terror attacks case, which is being heard in a special court.
The police have sought permission from a special court to dispose of around 24 kg of RDX recovered from the 26/11 target terror target spots in Mumbai.
An eye witness in 26/11 terror attacks case identified four terrorists, who held some people hostages at the Taj Mahal Hotel, from close circuit television footage screened at the trial court.
The prosecution in the 26/11 terror attacks case on Thursday sought imposition of a compensation on Pakistani gunman Ajmal Kasab for causing huge damage to property to the tune of Rs 155.73 crore during the attacks. But the court refused to consider the plea raising a query as to who would pay it.
Nikam, who has an enviable track record of securing death penalty for 37 accused and life term to 627 in his career spanning over three decades, is confident that Kasab, the lone 26/11 gunman captured, will be punished despite his repeated attempts to "misguide" the court.
The retraction of confession by Ajmal Kasab, the lone surviving terrorist arrested during the terror strike in Mumbai last year, will not have any effect on the ongoing trial in the case, Special Public Prosecutor Ujjwal Nikam told mediapersons on Friday.Nikam made the comments in the wake of Kasab -- who deposed for the first time today -- claiming that he was arrested by the Mumbai police days before the 26/11 terror strike and his confessions had been taken by force.
A handwriting expert on Friday observed in a special court that markings shown on a map of 26/11 terror target spots recovered from slain terrorist Abu Ismail matched with specimen writings of accused Fahim Ansari, who is being tried along with Pakistani gunman Ajmal Kasab.
The prosecution is all set to close examination of terror evidences in the 26/11 special trial court in Mumbai on Wednesday, a year after the dastardly strikes that left 166 dead and 304 wounded.
Infamous 26/11 reconnaissance operative David Coleman Headley will be questioned again between March 22 and 25.
Iconic Taj Mahal hotel suffered losses of more than Rs 114 crore because of destruction of property in the 26/11 Mumbai terror attack, a top official of the hotel told the trial court said.
The chargesheet in the November 26, 2008, Mumbai terror strikes, which claimed over 180 lives, is likely to be filed today. The charge-sheet will be filed before a metropolitan magistrate, who will then transfer the case to the special court constituted inside the high-security Arthur Road jail.
Also, there are many other important aspects of evidence, which the prosecution has to adduce to expose terrorist infrastructure of perpetrators of the crime, he said, adding they will not let Kasab succeed in his 'motive' of escaping with lesser punishment.
The special court hearing 26/11 terror attacks case on Tuesday asked the police department to file an affidavit explaining how footages of a compact disc filmed on the interrogation of accused Ajmal Kasab was leaked to the media.
Kasab on Tuesday confessed before the court that he and his slain partner Abu Ismail were directed to start firing indiscriminately at CST, take hostages and attack those policemen who tried to rescue the hostages.
Superstar Rajinikanth, tennis icon Sania Mirza and actress Priyanka Chopra were among the 56 eminent persons who were honoured with Padma awards on Tuesday.
Pakistani gunman Mohammed Ajmal Kasab, lawyers and mediapersons burst into laughter when prosecutor Ujjwal Nikam told the special court conducting 26/11 terror trial that he was the lone surviving gunman's "enemy number one."
Pakistani gunman Ajmal Kasab's lawyer Abbas Kazmi tendered an unconditional apology, on Friday, to the trial court hearing the Mumbai attack case for his remark that he did not care about affidavits of witnesses filed by the prosecution.
The 26/11 terror trial is not only against Pakistani gunman Ajmal Kasab, who was caught alive, but also against the terror organisation Lashkar-e-Tayiba, which masterminded the Mumbai attacks, Special Public Prosecutor Ujjwal Nikam said here on Wednesday.
Pakistani gunman Ajmal Kasab has complained to the 26/11 terror trial court that food given to him in jail is laced with tranquilisers but medical experts have said there is no truth in his allegations, special public prosecutor Ujjwal Nikam said in Mumbai on Wednesday.
The trial court hearing the 26/11 terror attack cases issued non-bailable warrants on Tuesday against 22 absconding accused, including Jamaat-ud-Dawa chief Hafeez Saeed and head of operations of Lashkar-e-Toiba Zaki-ur-Rehman Laqvi.
A 26/11 prosecution witness is not traceable for last three months and all efforts to find him have gone in vain, a special court trying Pakistani terrorist Ajmal Kasab and two others was informed on Tuesday.
Nikam said it was not yet clear whether Headley would plead guilty to all the charges or only to some of the charges but this, in any case, would not affect the 26/11 case in the Mumbai court as the trial has already reached its fag end.
A Pakistan court declaring Ajmal Kasab an absconder and issuing a non-bailable warrant against him have proved beyond doubt that the gunman is a Pakistani and had taken part in 26/11 Mumbai attacks, special public prosecutor Ujjwal Nikam said Monday.
Statements of key witnesses in the 26/11 case in an anti-terror court in Mumbai will be forwarded by India to Pakistan to be used as evidence in the trial there, special public prosecutor Ujjwal Nikam said in Mumbai on Sunday.
Special public prosecutor in the 26/11-terror attacks case, Ujjwal Nikam, on Friday demanded that the Pakistani court should conduct an open trial in the case, slated to begin there on Saturday.