Hasina will be on a one-day visit and she will watch the match for some time after ringing the Bell
Bangladesh Cricket Board president Nazmul Hasan 'Papon' has alleged that there are constant attempts to sabotage Bangladesh's upcoming tour of India and the strike by country's top cricketers with a 11-point demand was an extension of that.
Bangladeshi cricketer Mohammad Rubel Hossain has been temporarily excluded from the new central contract for not following injury rehabilitation guidelines. "Everyone but Rubel in the previous contract stays (in the new contract). He has not followed the injury rehabilitation guidelines he was given," Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) president Nazmul Hassan was quoted as saying in bdnews24.com. The 26-year-old cricketer was axed from all international matches in July last year due to injury. The pacer suffered an injury again while playing a match in India in September. He recovered and played six matches for Sylhet Superstars in the Bangladesh Premier League (BPL) and has been out since December. "No one has been selected in his place. He will be able to get in the (central) contract if he can come up with a satisfactory reply. Otherwise he will be dropped," Hassan said.
India are the overwhelming favourites to win the tournament for a record seventh time while Bangladesh will be hoping to be third-time lucky in a summit clash.
Bangladesh dismissed Zimbabwe for just 44 runs before easing to a six-wicket victory and an unassailable 3-1 lead in their five-match one-day international series on Tuesday.
Mahmudullah and Kayes lift Bangladesh to 249/7 after poor start
The Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) has offered 17 players a contract including six for the first time, the BCB said at a news conference on Saturday.
The Bangladesh Cricket Board has offered 17 players a contract including six for the first time, the BCB said at a news conference on Saturday. Mahmudullah Riayd, Nazmul Hossain, Naeem Islam, Mahbubul Alam, Imrul Kayes and Rubel Hossain will join 11 cricketers already contracted with the BCB.
Rohit Sharma-led India's main aim would be to settle their middle-order combination and also find a perfect batting position for Mahendra Singh Dhoni.
Bangladesh have appealed to cricket's world governing body to lift the suspension on paceman Taskin Ahmed, who was ruled out of the ongoing World Twenty20 in India due to an illegal action. Taskin and left-arm spinner Arafat Sunny were suspended from bowling in international cricket on Saturday after being reported by match officials following Bangladesh's qualifying match against the Netherlands in Dharamsala on March 9.
During a meeting of the top board officials in Colombo on the occasion of Bangladesh's historic 100th Test match, BCCI CEO Rahul Johri is believed to have had discussions with Bangladesh Cricet Board (BCB) supremo Nazmul Hasan Papon and SLC chief Thilanga Sumathipala.
They were named in the 30-man provisional squad for the ICC Champions Trophy.
Another BCB director Mahbubul Anam too smelt a conspiracy against the Board.
Jamshed, who has played 48 one-day internationals for Pakistan, was suspended from all forms of cricket in February for violating the PCB's anti-corruption code.
Regular commercial service will commence on Saturday September 20.
Uncapped pace bowler Nazmul Hossain has been added to the Bangladesh squad for the second and final Test against India, starting on Friday in the port city of Chittagong.
The head of Committee of Administrators (COA) Vinod Rai expressed his confidence that the Board of Control for Cricket in India has reached consensus after almost all the top cricket board chiefs have come to India in the last two weeks to discuss the proposed revenue model of International Cricket Council.
One of the men held earlier for the crime is an alleged sex offender who targeted children in recent years.
Bangladesh have dropped middle order batsman Alok Kapali in favour of Nafis Iqbal in their 14-man squad for next month's ICC Champions Trophy which starts in England on September 10.
India and Bangladesh had decided to start the service during the Joint Economic Commission meeting in Dhaka.
New Zealand Cricket chief executive David White said the country would now also need to accept they were no longer immune from acts of extreme violence and that would need to be factored in when they hosted sports events and teams.
India will host Bangladesh for a one-off Test in February next year, marking the neighbouring country's first official trip here since claiming Test status in the year 2000. "India will play Bangladesh in a historic one-off Test match from February 08-12, 2017 at the Rajiv Gandhi International Cricket Stadium in Hyderabad. The Test match will mark Bangladesh's first official visit to India since attaining Test status in 2000," BCCI Secretary Ajay Shirke said in a statement.
The hosts cruised to a four wicket victory over Canada at the Chittagong Divisional Stadium.\n\n
Bangladesh is hopeful England will go ahead with their planned tour of the South Asian country later this year despite Friday's attack by gunmen at an upmarket Dhaka restaurant that left 20 dead.
The pace of Nazmul Hossain and the spin of Enamul Haque jnr combined effectively to secure a second consecutive four wicket win against Uganda
Afghanistan scored 145 for six after electing to bat, a target which they defended riding on Rashid's brilliance.
A severely hamstrung Kedar Jadhav held his nerve in the closing stages, while the lower order made vital contributions with the bat as India edged past Bangladesh by three wickets to win their seventh Asia Cup title in a pulsating last-ball finish, in Dubai on Friday.
"We don't want any member country to get hurt. Especially India as they have always supported us. If India becomes weak, we also become weak."
Kolkata sheds its white-blue nocturnal hue with pink ball day-night Test.
Sourav Ganguly-led BCCI's demand is for a tournament involving the 'Big Three' of India, Australia and England plus another country to be slotted into an already bursting schedule, putting it on course for a clash with the ICC, which has enjoyed a period of calm in recent years at its Dubai headquarters. India's 'Super Series' proposal is a concern to many in the game, including the executive chairman of the Federation of International Cricketers' Associations (FICA), Tony Irish.
A place in the final at stake, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh would expect their batsmen to fire as they lock horns in a virtual semi-final of the Nidahas Twenty20 tri-series, in Colombo, on Friday.
Match-fixing scandals and payment delay of some foreign players have shattered the image of the Bangladesh Premier League (BPL) which was launched in 2011, forcing the country's cricket board to take control of the event and rename it the 'Bangabandhu BPL'.
Bangladesh all-rounder Shakib Al Hasan's six-month ban imposed last month for "misbehaviour" has been lifted, the Bangladesh Cricket Board said on Tuesday.
Former India left-arm spinner Sunil Joshi has been approached by the Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) to take up the role of their spin consultant to help groom the likes of young Mehedi Hasan Miraz, Taijul Islam and the next pool of slow bowlers.
Bangladesh captain Mushfiqur Rahim may not keep wickets in the one-off Test against India, starting next week.
With India needing 34 runs off the last two overs, Karthik hammered 29 not out off just eight deliveries, his third six sealing India's third, and the most hard-earned, victory over Bangladesh in the tournament.
Test cricket returned to Pakistan for the first time in ten years with the Sri Lankan team playing two matches in Rawalpindi and Karachi, with the hosts winning the second match to clinch the series 1-0 after the rain-curtailed first game ended in a draw.
Captain Ishan Kishan and Ricky Bhui smashed unbeaten centuries as three-time champion India crushed Canada by 372 runs in their warm-up match of the U-19 World Cup in Mirpur on Saturday.
Rohit Sharma carried his bat, scoring 83 not out, while putting on two good partnerships. He first stitched a 61-run partnership with Dhawan at the top of the order and then joined hands with Dhoni to see India through.
A security delegation sent by Cricket Australia to Bangladesh over the weekend has since returned home and was to report to local authorities on Wednesday, prompting speculation the tour will be cancelled. The security concerns in Bangladesh could also impact on Australia's qualifying campaign for the soccer World Cup.