Security measures were heightened across Uttar Pradesh following a car blast in Delhi. Anti-terror agencies and police conducted searches in multiple cities, including Lucknow, in response to the incident.
A sessions court in Mumbai on Thursday held guilty three convicts in the Shakti Mills photojournalist gang rape case under an amended IPC section, which entails death penalty, for committing repeated offence.
Days after sentencing four men to life term for brutalising a telephone operator in Shakti Mills compound in Mumbai, a local court on Monday framed fresh charges against the three common convicts in the 2013 photojournalist gang rape case.
Four of the five accused in the August 22 gang-rape case were identified by the photojournalist and her male colleague during an identification parade held in a south Mumbai jail on Friday, police said.
The sessions court in Mumbai on Thursday found all the accused in the Shakti Mills gangrape cases guilty.
The 18-year-old telephone operator who was allegedly gang raped in the Shakti Mills compound here on July 31 today deposed before a trial court and expressed her desire to get even with the accused who had beaten her up during the sexual assault.
Three convicts in the Shakti Mills photojournalist gang-rape case have approached the Bombay high court to challenge the framing of charge against them under Section 376 (e) of the Indian Penal Code which can be punishable by the death sentence.
Two juveniles arrested in connection with the Shakti Mill gang rape cases of a photojournalist and a telephone operator were on Tuesday convicted by the Juvenile Justice Board and sent to a Nashik school for three years to learn "good behaviour".
Mumbai Police, which is probing the gang rape of a 23-year-old photojournalist, on said it has recovered two more mobile phones carried by the accused during the ghastly crime.
All five accused in the brutal gang rape of a young photojournalist in the city have been arrested, three days after the incident triggered outrage across the country.
The Mumbai police on Thursday filed a chargesheet against four accused in last month's gang rape of a 23-year-old photojournalist.
The police today filed a chargesheet, against four accused in connection with the July 31 gang-rape of an 18-year-old telephone operator on the premises of Shakti Mills compound in Mumbai.
The 17-year-old minor boy who is an accused in the July 31 gang rape case was identified by the victim and her boyfriend, during an identification parade held at the juvenile remand home in South Mumbai, police said.
According to a police official, the woman claimed to be have been criminally assaulted in July this year by some of the men arrested in the photojournalist case.
The sessions court trying the Mumbai photojournalist's gang rape case on Monday set a deadline for itself saying it would try to conclude the hearing in 60 days.
Mumbai police, who are probing the gang rape of a 23-year-old photojournalist, have claimed that the culprits had forced the victim to clean up the crime scene at the desolate Shakti Mills compound in Mumbai.
The five accused arrested in connection with the gang rape of 23-year-old photojournalist were on Wednesday taken to Shakti Mills compound in Mumbai to reconstruct the sequence of events that led to the crime.
Asim said 53 injured were currently being treated while seven had been admitted to the intensive care unit.
All the five accused in the gang rape of a photojournalist in a secluded area of a defunct mill have been arrested by police with the remaining two suspects on the run being held today three days after the crime which will be tried in a fast track court.