Brazilian Nelson Piquet junior became the first Formula E champion on Sunday as the new electric series wrapped up its debut season with a race that had the crowd making more noise than the cars.
The 18-year-old completed 65 laps with a best time exactly three seconds slower than Ralf Schumacher.
Formula One's governing body was made aware last year of allegations that Renault had fixed the Singapore Grand Prix by ordering Brazilian Nelson Piquet to crash, a British newspaper reported on Friday.
Formula One's ruling body should have punished Brazilian Nelson Piquet for the Renault race-fixing controversy, former driver David Coulthard says.
Massa, who failed to score after a bungled pitstop, claims the race should have been cancelled because the sport's leaders allegedly knew before the end of the 2008 season what had happened but covered it up.
The Renault Formula One team accused their former driver Nelson Piquet and his father of attempted blackmail on Friday and said they had commenced criminal proceedings in France against the two Brazilians.
Nelson Piquet delivered a furious parting shot to Renault boss Flavio Briatore on Monday after discovering he was being dropped by the Formula One team.
The Renault Formula One team apologised unreservedly to triple world champion Nelson Piquet and his son on Tuesday and agreed to pay them substantial libel damages over last year's Singapore Grand Prix crash scandal.
Brazilian Formula One driver Felipe Massa has said he knew that disgraced former Renault driver Nelson Piquet Junior had deliberately crashed his car and confronted him about it before it was exposed.
Double world champion Fernando Alonso turned up for a race-fixing hearing on Monday that could determine Renault's Formula One future.
Brazilian driver Nelson Piquet has been offered immunity from prosecution if he tells the truth about his former Renault Formula One team, FIA president Max Mosley said on Friday. The offer is similar to one made to McLaren drivers in 2007 when that team was being investigated over Ferrari documents found in their possession.
The Renault team has been handed a two-year suspended ban from the Formula One world championship after admitting to race-fixing, the governing International Automobile Federation said on Monday.
Renault face heavy sanctions when they appear before Formula One's governing body in Paris on Monday to answer race-fixing charges. The International Automobile Federation (FIA) has accused Renault of fraudulent conduct and bringing the sport into disrepute.
Singapore officials are confident the race-fixing scandal surrounding Renault will not impact next week's F1 Grand Prix in the Southeast Asian city-state. Renault will appear before the FIA in Paris on Monday charged with ordering Brazilian Nelson Piquet to crash deliberately in last year's inaugural race in Singapore to help team-mate Fernando Alonso win.
Williams' Nico Rosberg dominated Formula One's first day of practice at the Australian Grand Prix on Friday while McLaren's world champion Lewis Hamilton languished near the bottom of the timesheets. Germany's Rosberg, son of Finland's 1982 champion Keke, lapped quickest in both of the afternoon sessions at a sunny Albert Park while Hamilton was 18th of the 20 drivers in the second.
Fernando Alonso will race for Renault next season, the double world champion's Web site announced.
Renault's Formula One future will be decided in Paris on Monday when the governing body rules on a race-fixing controversy that has stunned and shamed the sport. The French manufacturer has said it will not contest charges that the team ordered Brazilian Nelson Piquet to crash in last year's Singapore Grand Prix so that Spanish team mate Fernando Alonso might win the race.
Former champions Renault and Williams unveiled their 2009 Formula One cars on Monday before testing at the new Algarve Motor Park circuit in southern Portugal.
French driver Nicolas LaPierre won both races in the Australian round of the A1 Grand Prix series.
The racing scenes in Brad Pitt's new F1 movie are impressively authentic but the filmmakers have also made much of how the sport's past is woven into the plot -- with a hefty slice of Hollywood artistic licence.
Felipe Massa was leading the 2008 Singapore Grand Prix when fellow-Brazilian Nelson Piquet Jr. deliberately crashed his Renault into the wall on lap 14.
Former Formula One supremo Bernie Ecclestone was arrested in Brazil late on Wednesday for illegally carrying a gun while boarding a private plane to Switzerland.
In an announcement, Pepe Jeans London revealed in Mumbai recently that it has signed up with Renault Formula 1 Racing Team as one of its official worldwide sponsors for the next three years.
Formula One's fastest men expressed united dismay at the Renault race-fixing scandal on Thursday before calling for a line to be drawn under the saga.
Renault have told Formula One's governing body they want to stay in the sport and will make changes in their team to ensure a race-fixing controversy never happens again.
Former Renault Formula One team boss Flavio Briatore will not escape sanction for his role in a race-fixing scandal despite a Paris court overturning his lifetime ban, ex-FIA president Max Mosley said on Thursday.
Renault's Fernando Alonso defended his 2008 Singapore Grand Prix win as a proper victory on Thursday despite a race-fixing scandal that led to a suspended ban for the Formula One team.
Renault's Fernando Alonso defended his 2008 Singapore Grand Prix win as a proper victory on Thursday despite a race-fixing scandal that led to a suspended ban for the Formula One team.
McLaren's Lewis Hamilton won a thrilling German Grand Prix on Sunday to forge four points clear of Ferrari's Felipe Massa at the top of the Formula One championship.
The family's departure marks the end of an era after 43 years and 739 Grands Prix.
Formula One approved changes to its power unit penalty system with immediate effect on Friday and also tweaked super-licence rules for 2016 to give more drivers a chance to enter the sport from other series.
Formula One's post-season shake-up took another spin on Tuesday with Williams announcing the departure of technical head Pat Symonds while Valtteri Bottas moved closer to Mercedes and Felipe Massa's retirement looked to be coming to an end.
Max Verstappen apologised to Brazilian Formula One fans on Monday after a comment about Felipe Massa caused offence at the weekend.
"The comparison? I see still Ayrton winning the game because in the end Ayrton was such a charming guy and a personality. And obviously if someone loses his life and stays with us in the way of a legend, it's always something special. But I try to see it from a performance point and from a performance point, Lewis is going from one pole position to the next one and Lewis is going from one race win to the next one. Just like Ayrton did."
Max Verstappen added his name to the list of triple Formula One World champions on Saturday after Red Bull team mate and sole title rival Sergio Perez crashed out of the Qatar Grand Prix sprint race.
Felipe Massa said farewell to thousands of Ferrari fans in Italy on Sunday and received a trophy nearly as tall as him to celebrate his time with the Formula One team.
The Brazilian Grand Prix at Sao Paulo's Interlagos circuit could be axed after this season due to the country's economic crisis, Formula One's commercial supremo Bernie Ecclestone said on Saturday.
Lewis Hamilton can win his third Formula One world championship on Sunday but the Mercedes driver will have to wait a while longer before he can be truly hailed as one of the greats, according to Jackie Stewart.
Williams defended their young and inexperienced Formula One drivers