» News » Hindu Mahasabha to move SC over Ayodhya title suit

Hindu Mahasabha to move SC over Ayodhya title suit

December 18, 2010 18:27 IST

The Akhil Bharat Hindu Mahasabha has decided to move the Supreme Court, challenging the Allahabad high court verdict on the Ramjanmbhoomi-Babri Masjid title suits, contending that the entire disputed site should be allotted to Hindus.

The Mahasabha will submit that the high court had erred in directing that 2.77 acres of disputed land be divided into three parts among Muslims, Hindus and Nirmohi Akhara.

"We will be filing an appeal in the Supreme Court on Monday and we will not sit idle till we get the entire disputed land for the construction of a magnificent Ram Temple there," Kamlesh Tiwari, member of the Mahasabha, told a press conference.

The title dispute on Ramjanmbhoomi-Babri Masjid structure has already reached the Supreme Court with Jamiat Ulama-i-Hind and Sunni Wakf Board challenging the Allahabad high court's verdict.

Challenging the verdict of the high court's Lucknow bench, the JUH too had submitted in the appeal that the judgement is based on faith and not on evidence.

"It is humbly submitted that the mosque was illegally demolished. However, the ruins still exist. The foundation of the mosque is still intact. Title would not extinguish by demolishing the mosque," it said.

A three-judge bench of the high court had passed three separate judgements on September 30 but the majority verdict held that the area covered by the central dome of the three-domed structure, where the idol of Lord Rama is situated, belongs to Hindus.

While two judges were of the view that the entire disputed land should be divided into three equal parts, each to be given to Sunni Waqf Board, Nirmohi Akhara and the parties representing 'Ram Lalla Virajman', one of the judges had held that the entire disputed area belonged to Hindus.

© Copyright 2019 PTI. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of PTI content, including by framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent.