Eight persons, including four of a family, were on Saturday injured when a cooking gas cylinder exploded at their residence in suburban Vikhroli in Mumbai.
The blast took place at a housing society in Parkside locality around 11.30 am, leaving four family members -- Sapna Chauhan (20), Aniket Chauhan, 17, Vimla Chauhan, 50, and Saurabh Chauhan, 17, -- grievously injured.
All the eight injured -- including those living adjacent to the Chauhan family's house -- have been admitted to the nearby RajawadiHospital, police said.
All the four family members are said to be in a critical condition. Both the women in the family -- Sapna and Vimla -- have received 85 per cent burns.
On Friday, eight persons were charred to death when a blaze broke out in a hotel in suburban Kurla.
There were reports that explosion of a gas cylinder caused the mishap at Hotel Kinara in Kurla (W) but police denied it later and said that short circuit appears to be the cause behind the incident.