Muffin top is that overhanging fat, which spills over the waistline of pants or skirts. Dhruv Gupta of Fitho.com lists out ways to get rid of that ugly extra flab!
Photograph: Sandra Cohen-Rose and Colin Rose/Wikimedia Commons
Is that little bit flab hanging over your jeans troubling you? We have just the moves that will help you tone your muffin top in no time.
This workout targets the obliques to tone the muffin top and will work your middle from all angles. With your cardio add these three exercises and get ready to kiss your love handles good bye.
Air bike crunches
1. Lie on the floor and interlock your fingers behind the head.
2. Bringing the knees in towards the chest and lift the shoulder blades off the floor without pulling on neck.
3. Straighten your left leg out while simultaneously turn the upper body to your right. Also, take the left elbow towards the right knee.
4. Switch sides, bringing the right elbow towards the left knee.
5. Continue alternating sides in a ‘pedalling’ motion
This exercise needs to be done for 4 sets of 15 reps each side.
A great exercise that targets your lower ab muscles by strengthening and building them. Reverse crunch is better than regular crunch as it strengthens your core while placing less strain on your back and neck than a regular crunch.
1. Lie on the floor with your legs straight out in front of you.
2. Stretch out your arms straight on either side of you.
3. You can bend your elbow and lock your fingers behind your head.
4. Bend your knees and lift your feet. Your legs should create 90 degree angle. Keep our feet together
5. Inhale and move your knees towards your face and tip your feet towards the sky.
6. Tense your abs as you lift your legs. You should feel abdominal muscle working to move your legs.
7. Exhale and slowly lower your leg to starting position.
Do 5 sets of 20 repetitions each.
This exercise works your abdomen and core muscles. Kick crunch can be easily performed at the comfort of your home, without any gym equipment.
Stand with your hands outstretched at a 90-degree angle to the ground.
Kick your feet up one at a time, attempting to hit your fingertips.
Inhale while standing and exhale while raising your legs
Alternate the kick with each leg
Do 2 sets of 20 repetitions each side.
Note: The lead image is used only for representational purpose