Rediff reader Baishali Ghosh shares a rich and traditional curry made from cauliflower and peas. You can share your recipes too!
Winter's the perfect time to gorge on veggies.
Fulkopir Korma or Gobhi Korma made from cauliflower and peas is both spicy and rich in its ingredients.
Here's the recipe:
- 500 gm cauliflower
- 100 gm peas
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 cardamom
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 2 tsp ghee
- 2 tsp oil
- 1/2 cup curd
- 2 tsp cashewnut paste
- 2 tsp coconut paste
- 1 1/2 tsp sugar
- Salt as per taste
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- Heat some oil in the kadai.
- Break the cauliflower into bite sized pieces and clean them in water. Drain well and add this to the kadai.
- Fry the cauliflower till it is light golden.
- Add two spoonfuls of ghee in the same oil. Add cardamom, cinnamon stick and bay leaf. Fry till the aroma comes out.
- Add, ginger paste, red chilli powder and curd. Fry till the oil leaves the sides of the pan.
- Add cashewnut paste and coconut paste. After 2 to 3 minutes, add cauliflower, peas and keep stirring.
- Add sugar, salt to taste and a little bit of water.
- When the cauliflower is cooked and the gravy appears thick, add some garam masala, stir well and keep it aside.
- Serve hot with pulav, rice or roti.
You can send us your favourite recipes too. Write in to us at email@example.com (subject: My favourite recipe) with your name, hometown and any interesting details about the origin of the recipe, along with a photograph if possible. We'll publish the best preparations right here on Rediff.com and in India Abroad.
>Click here for interesting recipes and food features!