On the occasion of Chocolate Week, which begins on March 15, we bring you two delicious chocolate recipes.
No Fat Honey Chocolate Cake
- 2 whole eggs
- 7.5 gm water
- 150 gm demerara sugar
- 30 gm honey
- 5 gm dark rum
- 1.5 gm clove powder
- 2 gm cinnamon powder
- 1.5 gm ginger powder
- 35 gm dark chopped chocolate
- 150 gm refined flour
- 75 gm almond, coarsely chopped
- 30 gm soaking fruits
- 1.5 gm baking powder
- 1.5 gm baking soda
- Whip together whole eggs, water, sugar and honey.
- Combine all the dry ingredients and the soaked fruits. Add the dry ingredients to the whipped egg mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared cake tin. Bake in a preheated oven at 160°C for 30 minutes.
- Soak it with dark rum once the cake comes out of the oven.
- 500 gm high gluten flour
- 100 gm sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1.5 egg
- 100 gm butter
- 25 gm yeast
- 250 ml milk
- Oil for frying
- Mix all the ingredients together to make a dough. Let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Roll out the dough at the thickness of 2 inch and then cut it with a round cutter.
- Allow the dough to rest till it doubles in size.
- Deep fry the dough till it turns golden brown. Once it cools, dip in chocolate and serve.
Have a chocolate recipe to share? Mail your photos and recipes to firstname.lastname@example.org (subject: Chocolate Recipes) along with your NAME, AGE and the place where you LIVE.
We will publish the best responses on Rediff.com.
Chef Shibendu Ray Chaudhury is the executive sous chef at Renaissance Mumbai.